Tool Sales and Support Representative
- Deadline: 4 Dec
- Country: Australia
- Location: Dandenong, Victoria, Burnie TAS, Tasmania, East Bendigo VIC, Victoria, Melbourne VIC, Victoria
- Job-ID: R0022159
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
Sandvik Mining and Construction is seeking an energetic Tool Sales and Support Representative to promote, sell and support our range of Top Hammer (underground and surface), DTH and Rotary rock drilling tools to the mining and construction industries. You will strive to retain the market share with your allocated customers and look for opportunities for growth by targeting new business predominately throughout Southern Australia (VIC & TAS), as well as other regions if required. This position will involve frequent travel.
Key performance areas
- Responsible for achieving sales and market share targets, and assist with the development of sales budgets and business plans.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with key decision makers within your allocated sales area.
- Initiate and coordinate product trials with customers, with a focus of adding value to their business.
- Seek out new applications for Rock Tools products, as well as opportunities for other Sandvik products and services.
- Provide monthly business analysis and market activity report updates.
- Provide monthly stock forecasts by product / by customer.
- Provide training and technical support to external and internal stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Rock Tools Product Support Managers and Applications Engineers on opportunities for product upgrades and improvements.
- Ensure that all product warranty issues are dealt with in a timely manner and as per Sandvik warranty procedure.
Experience in the application of surface and underground drilling practices is essential, with operational experience and/or a history in mining field sales being viewed highly favorably. A strong customer focus and the ability to develop solid customer relationships at an operational and management level is a requirement, and you will have a high level of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
To perform well in this role, you will be a strong communicator, display a high level of initiative and be able to work autonomously. Your interpersonal skills will be highly developed including the ability to negotiate with customers; additionally, you will have a good level of computer and digital literacy, with highly developed time management and organisational skills.
A fully maintained company vehicle, laptop, iPad, mobile phone, base salary and a sales bonus scheme form the package for the suitable applicant.
*You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
**Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- 12% Superannuation contribution – on top of base and all bonuses
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here.
07 3621 1823
Applications close: 4 December 2020 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: 4 Dec