Workshop Support Technologist
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Canada
- Location: Lively, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0019794
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is seeking a
Workshop Support Technologist
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering cover rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Workshop Support Technologist is responsible for providing support with follow through and documentation of drawing modifications, job management, preventative maintenance, tool calibration and remanufacturing quality standard maintenance to meet remanufacturing delivery commitments.
- Responsible for all remanufacturing drawing revisions and modifications.
- Produce 1:1 drawings for fabrication shop.
- Play an active role in customer modification requests, identify customer needs and provide solutions.
- Obtain engineering approval from factory for customer requested upgrades.
- Support service department and product managers with documentation requirements, system drawings.
- Consult on the design, modification, and fabrication of specialized mechanical and electrical equipment for the shop area.
- Supervision and assistance to shop facilities and special projects as required.
- Assist Reman/Service support function with job management as requested.
- Develop preventative maintenance procedures and protocols for shop equipment as required.
- Develop and maintain unique identification numbering system for shop calibrated tools and equipment.
- Responds to customer expedite requests (for equipment requirements).
Safety and Environment
- Complies with SM safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Stays current on industry developments, competitive offerings and issues affecting sales and customers.
- Takes responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills.
- Other duties as required by Manager
- Recommend any improvements to the Manager.
- 2 years related design experience
- Experience reading hydraulic and electrical prints
- General computer systems literacy including windows, lotus notes, etc.
- Specialized computer systems knowledge including AutoCad,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- An in depth understanding of customer business processes
- Superior customer relations skills
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills
- High level of initiative, drive and determination to achieve goals and targets set for customer satisfaction
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits and ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Workshop Support Technologist job opening #R0019794. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Not set