- Deadline: 12 Jun
- Country: Finland
- Location: Tampere
- Job-ID: R0018945
- Job category: Research & Development
INTERESTED IN INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS?
WE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOU
Join our world class Automation Team focused on building next generation automation products and solutions for various mining applications at our Tampere site. Our experts drive innovation on cutting edge equipment automation, software systems, connectivity solutions and analytics. Our most recognized product names - OptiMine® and AutoMine® are leading digital solutions in the industry.
Sandvik OptiMine® is a world class analytics and process optimization suite that offers a collection of digital solutions and accompanying Sandvik services targeted to improve the efficiency of mining operations. Suitable for all underground mining applications and the entire mobile fleet, including other OEM equipment, the solution provides transparency of underground operations and enables joint development of mining process efficiency supported by our experts. It is designed to provide real-time tracking and production management tools for controlling both manual and automated mining operations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic software professional to support the current and growing business in the field of digital mining products. This position is permanent and full-time, based in Tampere, Finland.
As a Software Developer, you will design, develop and support the continuously evolving structure of our information products, provide technical guidance to our next generation software solutions.
What you will do
- Develop and enhance OptiMine®, supporting modules and interfaces.
- Support team’s effort in terms of system integration, sustainability and feasibility.
- Ensure the highest quality and product value is developed, maintained and delivered.
- Provide hands on technical assistance for development and field issues.
- Communicate and interact with internal and external stakeholders.
What you have
- 3+ years demonstrated real world hands on experience.
- Know-how and expertise in
- Angular JS, React or similar framework
- C#, .NET development
- Entity MVC Framework
- REST services and Web API
- Data modeling and Database design for complex transaction-intensive data applications.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and DevOps principles
- Understanding of BDD and TDD styles
- Working knowledge of agile software development methodologies, values and procedures
- Curiosity to understand and leverage new tools and technologies
- Strong desire to leverage technology to build products that "wow" users
- Good team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Motivated, creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Bachelor and/or master’s in computer science or relevant work experience
Nice to have
- Experience with mobile development including native, hybrid and web
- Experience with cloud technologies - Azure or AWS
We offer you, a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, a challenging and interesting role in an international business environment surrounded by a highly skilled group of professionals as well as opportunities for your professional development.
At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
For further information about these positions, please contact:
Kavya Patnaik, Manager, Product Development, Information Solutions
Kavya.firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +358 50 3298 765.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact HR Services Finland, tel. +358 800 1 44444.
Send your application and CV (indicating your salary expectations) no later than June 12th, 2020.
Read about Sandvik and apply at home.sandvik/careers.
If you wish to add a cover letter to your application, please make sure to attach the file when uploading your resume.
Job ID: R0018945
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: 12 Jun