Sandvik Coromant in Westminster, SC is looking for a
QEHS (Quality, Environmental, Health, & Safety) Manager
If you have a strong leadership and project management skills in a manufacturing & production environment, Sandvik Coromant wants to speak with you!
Part of a global industrial engineering group Sandvik, Sandvik Coromant is at the forefront of manufacturing tools, machining solutions and knowledge that drive industry standards and innovations demanded by the metalworking industry now and into the next industrial era. Educational support, extensive R&D investment and strong customer partnerships ensure the development of machining technologies that change, lead, and drive the future of manufacturing. Sandvik Coromant owns over 3,100 patents worldwide, employs over 7,900 staff, and is represented in 150 countries.
At Sandvik Coromant, we are driven by a passion for excellence in everything we do. As we see it, sustainable success is a team effort and working together and sharing expertise are vital to us, which is why we highly value our active, ongoing collaboration with customers around the world.
Key Performance Areas
The Quality Assurance, Environment, Health, and Safety (QEHS) Manager is responsible for the overall management of, and the compliance with, ISO 90001, 14001 and 45001 Standards for Quality, Safety and Environmental Systems and achieving the overall QEHS targets. He or she will elevate the QEHS systems to the next level with smart solutions and continuous improvements based on the Sandvik Coromant Production System and Green Factory and Sustainable Facility initiative. Through active work with continuous improvement, the QEHS Manager will aim to improve both product quality and the safety, health, and well-being of all Westminster employees.
Furthermore, the QEHS Manager will:
- Ensure compliance to local, state, and federal regulations.
- Lead and coordinate internal and external audits.
- Act as liaison with global counterparts within Sandvik Coromant and the Sandvik Group in the areas of quality, environment, occupational health, and safety.
- Develop and maintain the Business Management system according to the ISO standards and the Global Sandvik Coromant Quality System.
- Provide timely feedback to the management and production teams regarding QEHS results, ensuring that corrective and preventive actions take place.
- Develop and coordinate appropriate training programs related to QEHS system awareness.
- Coordinate the Wellness Program for Westminster employees.
- Coordinate and follow-up the defined QEHS targets for Westminster production unit and communicate them to the organization.
The QEHS Manager will possess a Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and/or EHS. Combined experience in the QEHS fields is a plus. Five or more years of manufacturing management experience is required.
Additionally, the QEHS Manager shall:
- Possess strong leadership skills, independent thinking, organizational planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess capabilities and skills to manage a department budget, manage projects and performance, develop strategies, and lead change.
- Use excellent interpersonal communication skills to build and maintain solid relationships and have an ability to influence and promote a culture of safety, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Be capable of operating in a global, fast-paced business environment with diversified culture and a strong sense of teamwork.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit QEHS Manager (R0050042) — Sandvik Group (home.sandvik) apply to the QEHS Manager position, Job Requisition ID# R0050042.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Apr 13