Quality Technician (QA)
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
- Job-ID: R0018482
- Job category: Quality
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
Quality Technician (QA)
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D.
Key performance areas
This position will work directly with all aspects of Sales, Manufacturing and Warehousing to ensure that customer requirements are met, that we comply with our established Quality Management Systems and that continuous improvements are in place in all areas of our business.
- Implementation and maintenance of Quality Management Systems
- Perform selected material analysis in out materials laboratory
- Process and review technical data for incoming and outgoing material.
- Drive continual improvements within all facilities activities, assess risks and identify improvement opportunities
- Devise and implement corrective and preventative action processes
- Work in new systems and equipment and ensure operational excellence
- Conduct regular internal process and system audits
- Work with current and new suppliers on quality-related issues
- Report key performance indicators within all areas of operation
- Review, approve and release material based on technical data from material suppliers and own material
- Participate on teams to qualify new equipment and processes to meet industry and customer specifications
- Maintain quality management system requirements using databases and other technology and train others
The ideal candidate should possess an Associate of Arts degree in the Technical or Business field. (Additional equivalent experience could replace a portion of educational requirement.) Technical knowledge of manufacturing process and recognized industry quality standards, desired but not required.
Judgement, Technical/Professional Proficiency, Attention to Detail, Analysis – Fact Finding, Customer Service Orientation, Listening, Follow-up, Attention to Details, Work Standards, Information Monitoring, Innovative, Teamwork, Collaboration
- Balance multiple priorities with ease while delivering excellent results
- React well to change and flexible working within ever-changing environment with a variety of contacts
- Team player with excellent (oral & written) communication, interpersonal skills
- Possess cultural awareness skills to perform well in multi-cultural team environment
- Remain diplomatic and calm in the face of challenges and work well under pressure
- Ability to think in practical terms and quickly develop doable solutions to problems
Physical Demands / Mental Demands & Work Environment
- The incumbent should expect to work in a manufacturing environment with work near moving mechanical parts
- Hearing protection and steel-toed shoes/boots/hard hats etc. maybe required when working in production areas
- Subject to stress from repetitive motion, long periods of sitting
- Stress associated with meeting deadlines
- Analytical thinking, logic, positive attitude, alert, independent nature, broad minded, high pressure to produce results under time pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization, compatibility
- Repetitive motion and eyestrain
- Must have the ability to work overtime when needed
- Organization of multiple simultaneous priorities.
- Ability to react to constant change
- The incumbent should expect to work in an ever changing environment with a continuous variety of contacts
- Ability to perform in a multi-cultural team environment
Language / Math / Reasoning / Logic / Computer / Communication
- English is the primary language of Sandvik. The use of secondary languages may be required in keeping with the local culture
- Incumbent should achieve satisfactory math, reasoning and communications ability in keeping with the educational requirements
- Basic Computer skills including Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Quality Technician (QA) position, Job Requisition ID# R0018482.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set