Sandvik develops new technologies and innovations in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. If you’re excited to shape the innovations of tomorrow, we want to hear from you. You can join Sandvik’s smart minds, all working together to build a better future for the mining industry.
Technology Portfolio and Project Office team as part of Technology Development and Services organization in Rock Drills & Technologies Division is now looking for innovative, enthusiastic and result oriented Project Manager with customer service attitude to be based in Tampere.
As a Project Manager in Technology Development, you are part of building the future of Mining industry by having overall responsibility of project management in specific Research and Technology Development projects in field of Digitalization and Automation. Responsibilities include planning, leading, monitoring, executing, and controlling of the project within the specified scope and quality. You will also be given an opportunity to further develop the project management and -control processes and way of working.
Your key responsibilities
- Leading projects of future technology demonstrations in area of digitalization and automation
- Leading multitechnical project team of experts with active and effective communication
- Project planning and scheduling: creating and updating the project plans and preparing work breakdown structure, resource planning and budget
- Executing the projects according to Sandvik project model and methods, including scope control and change management, risk assessment and mitigation and regular project reporting
- Leading the build and demonstration of technology demonstration machinery in our Test Mine
- Managing the project cost and schedule by controlling cost and progress of the project activities across the project lifetime in engineering, procurement, assembly, and testing
- Creating new ways of working and help to develop best practices
Your background and what we find important
- Suitable technical education (Bachelor or Master’s level)
- Experience in project management positions, preferably in relevant field for smart and autonomous machinery
- Always driving for results and solutions, instead of just reporting statuses
- Be capable of understanding technical concepts
- Ready to work in mining environment
You have excellent change management, networking, presentation, and negotiation skills. You are able to combine strong leadership with the ability to motivate project team to deliver within the project deadlines. You take your own initiative and you are self-guided with strong problem-solving attitude even under pressure. You can clearly and fluently express yourself to our internal or external customers in English, and communication skills in Finnish is seen as a strong benefit. You are actively networking yourself and eager to learn new things. You demonstrate very high service attitude even under stress and cope with wide variety of customer, internal and external, demands.
We offer you an interesting role with high impact and high visibility, in a truly international environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. We at Sandvik are sustainability-focused, have a diverse and inclusive company culture where our values are Innovation, Fair Play, Customer Focus and Passion to Win. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us further.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Tiina Ärrälä, Technology Portfolio and Project Office Manager, tel. +358 40 5619147,
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact:
Sandvik's HR Services, Finland, tel. +358 800 1 44444 (8:00 am-4:00 pm).
Want to be part of shaping the future?
Submit your application by Monday September 27th, 2021.
Read about Sandvik and apply at home.sandvik/careers.
Your application (in English) should consist of an introductory letter including your salary request and a CV. If you wish to add a cover letter to your application, please make sure to attach the file when uploading your resume.
Job ID: R0032211
Our company and culture
Sandvik develops new technologies and innovations in the areas of electrification, automation, and digitalization. We are forerunners in developing automated equipment for mining which is reducing accidents and improving safety at our customers’ operations. We have a strong focus on sustainability and circularity; Sandvik is committed to halving our CO2 impact by 2030 and our battery electric vehicle offering is developed with this ambitious target in mind. This is your opportunity to join Sandvik’s smart minds, all working together to build a better future for the mining industry. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us better.
Deadline: Sep 27