- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Canada
- Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Lively, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0016868
- Job category: Project Management
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking a
Location: Thunder Bay
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology (SMRT) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Currently Sandvik is looking for a Fleet Manager to manage and liaise with Sandvik drills.
The essential functions and responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Owner of all processes relating to the maintenance of all SMRT equipment located at site
- Develop, implement, and coordinate maintenance plans with the mine site planner, scheduler or superintendent on the SMRT fleet maintenance and training programs
- Provide analysis, feedback and solutions to improve the operation of all SMRT equipment located at the mine site
- Manage systems and maintenance processes to ensure Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets as outlined in the Agreement are achieved
- Coordinate and supervise all SMRT personnel working at site to comply with Customer, SMRT and regulatory Health and Safety standards for Mines and Mining Plants
- Complete all commissioning of new equipment.
- Inspect SMRT equipment for proper performance and determine faults and malfunctions.
- Complete testing of repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Conduct audits, as required, on all SMRT equipment in conjunction with the maintenance team and provide a written report to the maintenance planner at site.
- Provide training to mechanics as required
- Work with the customer's mechanics to troubleshoot system problems on the equipment as required and complete written reports and training recommendations
Required Skills and Education
- College diploma in technical field or equivalent experience
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic certification or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ service experience is required with a deep understanding of maintenance and service operations
- Above average experience and strong understanding of mining maintenance operations
- Excellent analytical skills and able to make recommendations based on data and experience
- Sandvik product and operations experience
- Experience with planning and scheduling
- Ability and willingness to travel to and from customer site on a weekly basis or on rotation
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Fleet Manager Job Opening # R0016868.
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Deadline: Not set