- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Mebane, North Carolina
- Job-ID: R0005416
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Machining Solutions in Mebane, NC is looking for a
If you have strong leadership and project management skills in a production environment, Sandvik Machining Solutions wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Machining Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global market-leading manufacturer of tools and tooling systems for advanced industrial metal cutting. Products are manufactured in cemented carbide and other hard materials such as diamond, cubic boron nitride and special ceramics.
Key performance areas
As the Production Leader, you will oversee the day-to-day direction of manufacturing production groups for the Mebane facility. You will be expected to ensure that quality products are produced efficiently at the lowest cost and in the correct quantities while meeting or exceeding Key Indicators and Customer expectations.
Additionally, the Production Leader will:
- Plan, coordinate, and control manufacturing processes, including decisions involving cost, lead time, productivity and utilization of personnel
- Create and promote a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly atmosphere while holding all employees accountable to EH&S policies and practices
- Be responsible for planning, scheduling, directing and assigning activities related to the flow of material, utilization of employees and productivity levels for production teams in line within company financial and budgetary objectives
- Effectively communicate production status to all levels of management and key stakeholders
- Facilitate the communication of pertinent information with other teams, departments, functional areas, and other key stakeholders to encourage open communication
- Develop self-directed teams within the workforce that empowers each individual and encourage them to learn new skills creating a flexible workforce
- Hire and provide training for employees and manage personnel issues relating to attendance, vacation scheduling and disciplinary action
- Improve production processes, procedures and efficient utilization of personnel and equipment
- Purchase support machines, tooling, fixtures, inspection equipment and all other equipment to complete the manufacturing process necessary to produce a finished item.
The Production Leader should possess:
- At least an Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience (BS degree in engineering is preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years in a related industry, and 3 years’ supervisory experience with a focus on leading production teams in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to leverage strong leadership, communication and presentation skills to effectively collaborate with management and employees
- A strong understanding of and experience with project management
- Proficiency with Microsoft products
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with CAD/CAM programming would be a plus
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Production Leader position, Job Req. #60005416.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.