- Deadline: 20 Dec
- Country: United Kingdom
- Location: Perth
- Job-ID: R0006617
- Job category: Engineering
The Kanthal Product Area specialises in heating alloys, elements, modules and systems for industrial heating and high temperature applications. Primary markets are the semicon and solar industries, glass industry, chemical and petrochemical industries and many other branches of industry in which a high level of expertise and reliability are needed in the delivery of industrial heat.
Kanthal is known for superiority and excellence in the industries we serve and our goal is to lead the markets we serve in a sustainable direction. We are now looking for a Mechanical/Facilities Engineer; to work within our Engineering/Maintenance team. Providing site wide support for all manufacturing equipment and support services, through implementation of repairs, planned pieces of work and continuous improvement initiatives.
Some of the tasks include:
- Focus on safety always
- Conducting fault diagnosis, troubleshooting and repairs, working to planned maintenance schedules, ensuring optimal equipment availability
- Responding quickly and efficiently to un-scheduled events and plant breakdowns
- Organisation of external resource where required, coordinating specific assignments (assisting with contractor control and permits to work)
- Collaboration with production and engineering colleagues in relation to Overall Equipment Effectiveness and supporting the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives/actions
- Developing sound working relationships with relevant departments to ensure communications are effective
- Ensure compliance with all relevant H&S standards / legislation and that H&S is actively promoted throughout the Company.
- Adherance to the quality system (ISO 9001:2000) and the HSE systems (ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001).
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a ‘hands-on’ mechanical background within a manufacturing business, possibly time-served in an appropriate discipline.
- Be educated to HNC Level in a relevant field – i.e. Engineering, Manufacturing or similar.
- Be proactive, organised and can work from own initiative.
- Be a team player with an ability to think creatively.
Be able to communicate effectively, displaying good presentation and influencing skills
How to apply? Interested by the challenge? Please apply directly via our website with the reference R0006617.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK or hold a valid permit to work in the UK.
Sandvik is a global industrial group with advanced products and world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems. In 2012 the Group had about 49,000 employees and representation in 130 countries, with annual sales of about 99,000 MSEK.
Deadline: 20 Dec