Workshop Supervisor - Mechanical Cutting
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Workshop Supervisor – Mechanical Cutting | Heatherbrae, NSW
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
As a Workshop Supervisor, your primary responsibility is to oversee the day-to-day activities of the Customer Service Centre (CSC) teams in the workshop. This involves utilizing your expertise to complete quotations, maintain work in progress, and provide hands-on support when required, liaise with key suppliers all while ensuring that employees are working safely, efficiently and effectively to meet project deadlines.
You will maintain high levels of Safety, Productivity and Quality while motivating and engaging employees to perform at their best. You will need to be adept at identifying and resolving any issues that arise ensuring that all work is completed to the highest standards of quality and safety.
Areas of responsibility
- Ensure all employees conduct themselves in accordance with our EHS Vision to achieve Zero Harm.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Contribute to achieving revenue within budgets
- Maintain a firm commitment to the quality objectives of the company and adhere to the current Australian standards
- Coordination of all warranty claims as per SMCs warranty policies
- Carry out repairs, maintenance, and fault diagnostic work on heavy duty plant equipment as per the appropriate site polices
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of the facility
- Participate and champion site safety and toolbox meeting
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess a high level of technical knowledge, strong leadership skills, and an ability to communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders. You should also be detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Ultimately, the role of the Workshop Supervisor is critical to the success of the CSC teams, and the wider business. It is an exciting opportunity to take a leadership role in a dynamic and challenging work environment, and to contribute to the ongoing growth and success of the organization.
Furthermore, you will need a background in the mining industry and be trade qualified. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role with proven experience in working under pressure. You will have the skills to provide technical advice and experience in a workshop environment.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 13% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities - from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
0448 044 698
Deadline: Apr 9