Tube & Label Operator
SECO Niagara Cutter is one of the world’s largest providers of comprehensive metal cutting solutions for milling, stationary tools, hole-making and tooling systems. SECO Niagara Cutter is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
Great customer experience, operational excellence and digitalization are critical attributes in achieving our mission to become and stay ‘best in class unit’ for solid round tools production within Seco Tools and SMS.
To inspire and lead the production unit and our professional people, we’re looking for an openminded business- and people-growth oriented leader. Since the position includes the legal responsibility for the site, being able to represent the company in a good way is a must.
- TUBE & LABEL OPERATOR
- Normally scheduled Monday through Friday but may require other days as needed.
- Normally third shift (3rd) but may require additional hours or other shifts as needed.
Operate lift trucks, hand trucks, and packaging equipment according to required controls and specifications.
Material handling tasks, such as the receiving in and putting away of stock, as well as dispatching of materials and spare parts to sub-contractors and suppliers.
Read and follow production schedules, work orders, and sequences.
- Assess machine operations; movement of parts, gauges, dials, machine sounds to determine potential equipment failures.
- Troubleshoot equipment and make adjustments to resolve problems.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Perform inspections according to inspection requirements and protocol.
- Maintain product specifications by utilizing the appropriate inspection equipment as required.
- Perform routine operator maintenance and housekeeping as required.
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Complete all job related documentation and shop floor data collection accurately.
- Adhere to all aspects of the Quality Management System.
- Ability to stand, sit or be in other physically demanding.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
For immediate consideration, please apply on our website at https://sandvik.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/seco-jobs -OR by sending your resume and a statement of interest referencing to Niagara Cutter, 150 South Fifth Street, Reynoldsville, PA 15851.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set