DSI - Sturgeon Falls, ON Operator 1
- Operate equipment where training has been completed
- Assist other machine operators as required.
- At a minimum, meet all production rates for the equipment being operated
- Lift raw materials, finished products, package items. Prepare them for shipment manually or by using forklift (if trained on a forklift)
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Separate products according to weight, grade, size, and composition of materials used to produce them.
- Complete all paperwork as required per DSI process. This could be in paper form or electronically
- Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
- Remove products, machine attachments, and waste material from machines.
- Transfer finished products, raw materials, tools, or equipment between storage and work areas of plants and warehouses, by hand or using hand trucks or powered-lift trucks.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Mechanically inclined with prior experience working in an industrial environment is a requirement
- Grade 12 education would be an asset or 1-3 years related experience and/or training
- Can accurately read/understand a tape measure (standard/metric)
- Must have the ability to use fractions, decimals equivalents and conversion of the metric system. (Use of drill charts)
- Previous manufacturing or assembly experience would be considered an asset
As a member of the team, is committed to meeting production targets and deadlines
- Being punctual and ready to work at the start of your shift and after each break
- Committed to scheduled work hours
- Willingness to commit to extra hours to meet production target and deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Accepts guidance and constructive feedback from fellow and senior staff
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and work ethic and continually strives for improvement
- Shows eagerness to learn and take on more responsibility
- Completes the tasks in a timely manner and seeks/offers additional help when required.
- Extended Health Care & Dental Benefits, Life, AD&D & Travel Insurance after 30 days
- Employer Contribution Pension Plan after 1 year
- Work Boot and Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance after 6 months
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate in a separate covering letter how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the qualifications listed above.
DSI welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Not set