5 Axis Mill Operator
Sandvik Coromant is looking for a
CNC 5 Axis Mill Operator
Location: Mebane, NC
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
We are looking for a dynamic and results-orientated CNC 5 Axis Mill Operator to join our team!
Key performance areas
Responsible for setting up and operating CNC lathe & milling equipment to ensure the manufacturing of high-quality parts and tools without defects.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Setting up, operating, and maintaining 5 axis CNC milling equipment to perform machining to meet key performance indicators.
- Performing in-process inspection to produce product in compliance within production guidelines to ensure safety, quality, health and environmental procedures are followed.
- LEVEL “A” Must make major adjustments to CNC programs and set-ups as required and work with Engineering to develop best machining programming techniques and tooling selection as required, document and report any and all adjustments/corrections.
- Responsible for operating multiple production machines.
- Using manufacturing reporting systems.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and process plans.
- Must be fluent in G & M code and prove out first run programs daily.
- Must demonstrate good eye-hand coordination and agility.
- Being self-directed and working in team environments is expected.
- Positions will require weekend or off shift scheduling to meet business needs.
You possess a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED. Associate Degree or Diploma from a Technical College or Trade School preferred. We believe you have a Minimum of 2 years of CNC milling experience. Experience with machining and cutting operations required. Knowledge of 5S and lean manufacturing preferred. Domestic/Global travel may be required. Schedule will vary according to department needs; weekend work may be required.
You are highly organized have a keen attention to detail and ability to question the facts. Working with continuous improvements is a natural part of your character and you feel comfortable searching for information, identifying small and large solutions, and challenging the norm. You are flexible, react well to change, and remain calm in the face of challenges.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply to the CNC 5 Axis Mill Operator position, Job ID: R0045662
At Sandvik Coromant, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set