Operations Field Support - Relief
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Operations Field Support – Relief (East Coast)
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect, and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
As an Operational Field Support - Relief, you will be required to perform all necessary daily activities that are associated with servicing of a Sandvik rock tool supply Cost Per Metre contract, including compliance with all relevant operating procedures and policies, work scopes and contract documents. This role is to cover training requirements, annual leave, customer requirements and so will require frequent travel across the East coast of Australia and New Zealand to multiple sites and location. The base location is flexible but must be located near an airport and our offices. Locations can be, Brisbane, Sydney, or Melbourne.
Areas of responsibility
- Perform the daily delivery services of product to each drill site
- Remove all worn and damaged rock tools from the drill sites
- In field monitoring and reporting
- Analyse the condition and/or failures and discuss with the operators
- Replenish circuit stock on each rig to the established levels
- Rock Tools Inventory Management – Forecasting, Tracking and Monitoring
- Complete analysis of failed product and report any abnormalities to the Product Support Manager and/or Sales Representative
- Perform the sorting, gauging, cutting back, grinding and colour coding of used drill bits
- Perform the refurbishment of blocked and bent drill rods
You will have experience working underground alongside drilling equipment and will have a Dangerous Goods Card. You will have minimum 2 years’ experience working with Top Hammer or similar working underground. You must have a strong safety commitment as well as excellent customer service and communication skills. Knowledge of on-site service contracts, underground mining, and familiarity with Sandvik drilling products would also be favourable.
You will be flexible and willing to travel up to 80% of the time. Ordinarily this role is Mon-Fri, however, to meet customer requirements, rosters may vary.
You must have the rights to work in Australia and a valid passport to travel to apply for this job.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- Options for additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0428 083 935
Deadline: Oct 6