Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions in Alachua FL is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join the team!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a world-leading mining equipment manufacturer committed to offer highly optimized solutions designed to increase our customers’ productivity and profitability – while ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety, via high technology.
At Sandvik, we strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers.
The Maintenance Technician will assist with preventive maintenance and repairs, maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment to include, but not limited to, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, production equipment according to diagrams, sketches, operating manuals, manufacturer’s specifications and environmental health and safety guidelines. They will interpret hydraulic and electrical schematics and report directly to the Facilities Manager.
- Performing routine maintenance around the building such as fixing structural damage
- Repairing broken or leaking plumbing to avoid water damage and restore full use of water fixtures
- Working on damaged electrical wiring when a shortage or severed wire occurs
- Maintaining the building HVAC equipment in order to keep climate control in the facility functioning properly
- Fixing potential safety hazards to avoid injuries
- Assist with maintaining parts and/or replace defective parts; using hand tools, power tools, precision measuring and testing instruments, hoist and cranes.
- Assist with adjusting functional parts and devices and control instruments using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs and straightedges.
Your Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum HS diploma or GED required as well as 1-3 years related work experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess a strong aptitude for repair and maintenance activities.
- Solid interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills.
This job operates in a manufacturing production environment and can require work to be performed outside from time to time in all weather conditions.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career to the Maintenance Technician position, Job Req. # R0042494.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set