Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Location: Winnipeg, MB
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently we have an opening for an Electrical Assembler. The Electrical Assembler is responsible for performing tasks that are necessary to the production process. They aid in the assembly, installation, and repair of mechanical component parts and products.
Can you read schematics, blueprints, and drawings? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Use hand and power tools to assemble or repair parts and products.
- Interpret technical documents, such as diagrams, schematics, blueprints, or other verbal or written instructions.
- Work with other members of group in order to assemble products.
- Identify any defective items and handle them according to established procedures.
- Work to standard operating procedures, bills of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from management or engineering.
- Responsible for visual and functional inspections of material before and after assembly by conducting inspection for conformance to drawings and specifications, functional operation, and appearance.
- Assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by manager.
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- Technical diploma or certification in a mechanical trades discipline.
- 2 to 3 years related experience in equipment manufacturing.
- Ability to comprehend related schematics, blueprints, and drawings.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools, fasteners, and fittings.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Forklift and overhead crane experience an asset.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Electrical Assembler, requisition #R0042064; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations or gender identities/expressions.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in keeping with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act; therefore, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact commonHR.email@example.com for more information.
Deadline: Jul 18