Sandvik Coromant in Westminster, SC is looking for a
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group Sandvik.
Key performance areas
The Electro-Mechanical Technician is responsible for the maintenance of a wide variety of production/plant equipment, along with dealing with situations involving advanced electrical/electronic and mechanical troubleshooting/repairs. The position reports to a team leader but must be able to make decisions with regards to diagnosing, repairing, and adjusting operating parameters of equipment and processes. The scope of work reaches from the simplest of tasks to working with precise mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum, ventilation, electrical, and electronic devices, and systems.
Additionally, The Electro-mechanical Technician Will:
- Troubleshoot and repair plant equipment and processes
- Perform detailed preventative maintenance operations as specified
- Diagnose problems with PLC’s, vision systems, complex control systems with varying logic
- Prepare requisitions for spare parts and required maintenance supplies as directed
- Work from drawings, layouts, instruction manuals, sketches, or verbal instructions
- Work with precise mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum, and process ventilation systems
- Accurately perform the clerical requirements of the Work Order System
- Perform millwright and moving work
- Perform pipe fitting & plumbing work to include high- and low-pressure systems
- Operate trucks, man lifts forklifts, other powered vehicles and maintain documentation
- Interact with internal customers and provide timely status information
- Other duties as assigned by manager or Team Leader
- Five Years of Experience as an Electro-Mechanical Tech. with Extensive Electronic and Mechanical Skills.
- Two-Year Associates Degree in Electronic Technology Required.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ apply to the Electro-mechanical Technician position, Job Requisition ID# R0038161.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set