Industrial Assembler I
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for
Industrial Assembler I
Are you an Industrial Assembler who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Industrial Assembler experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions wants to speak with you!
Rotary Drilling is a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and is a leading supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the surface mining market. Based in Alachua, Florida the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customers productivity while reducing total cost of ownership.
Your performance areas
As the Industrial Assembler I, you will assemble large and heavy parts to complete sub-assemblies and drilling rigs using hand tools, power tools and other specialized equipment. You will be expected to perform a variety of specialized assembly operations including electrical, welding and/or mechanical.
Additionally, the Industrial Assembler will,
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools
- Check power and hand tools for correct operation
- Follow instructions
- Assemble components using power and hand tools based on BOM & Lean System
- Follow granular schedule to determine required assembly and special options on machine
- Report hours properly in the system
- Ensure connections for correct fit, fastening parts and sub-assemblies per customer specifications
- Report assembly problems to Lean system as well as Supervisor for assistance
- Maintain clean and safe working environment in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Handle other tasks as assigned by Team Leader or Supervisor
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS system (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continued improvements
The Industrial Assembler I will have a High School Diploma or GED. Must possess some mechanical and/or electrical background and have knowledge of basic hand tools.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://intranet.sandvik.com/employmentcareer/careerandvacancies/job_opportunities/Pages/default.aspx to the Industrial Assembler I position, Job Req. ID # R0031434
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set