- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
- Job-ID: R0027714
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
If you are motivated and adaptable, and have a passion for excellence, with a background in operating machinery, Sandvik Materials Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D.
Key Performance Areas
This position is responsible for setting up and operating production equipment at peak performance levels. At the same time, maintain a quality product and perform housekeeping requirements.
General Operator will:
- Set-up and run cutting equipment, anneal equipment, coiling machines, hydro testing equipment, degreasing and cleaning equipment, cranes and other manufacturing equipment
- Ensure maximum efficiency is achieved and maintained
- Run Forklift and other material handling equipment
- Load and unload trailers
- Read micrometers, vernier calipers and tape measures
- Perform other duties or tasks assigned by management
The General Operator should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent (Additional equivalent experience could replace a portion of the educational requirement). Previous production experience preferred but not required.
The General Operator should expect:
- To work in a manufacturing environment with moving machinery
- To use Helmet, hearing protection, metatarsal shoes/boots, eye protection
- To push/pull/carry/lift objects weighing up to approximately 70 lbs
- To work any 8 hour or 12 hour shift, including every other weekend
- To work overtime when needed
- Sitting/standing/walking for long periods of time
- Long periods of concentration and attention to detail
- To react to constant change
- Stress associated with demanding timelines and changes in priorities
- Ability to perform in constantly changing, multi-cultural team environment
- To pass a math-oriented test and have basic computer skills
Salary Range: up to $16.98 U.S.D. Hourly
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401 (k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/careers for the General Operator - Clarks Summit, PA position, Job Req. ID # R0027714.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law
Deadline: Not set