- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Golconda, NV, Nevada
- Job-ID: R0027710
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Golconda, NV is looking for a
If you are team player with a strong customer focus, excellent time management skills, and planning and supervisory experience, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
This position involves the following responsibilities and is accountable to the BEV Artisan Project Manager, USA. The key responsibility is the safe maintenance, integrity and profitability of Artisan heavy underground mobile equipment.
- Coordinate the development of mechanical maintenance plans and budgets for underground mobile equipment at the Turquoise Ridge Mine. Provide feedback to Sandvik Mining & Construction and Nevada Gold Mine (NGM) to enable improvements to MMP.
- Obtain approval and ensure NGM Insurance Spares are available, for the maintenance of heavy mobile equipment, as required.
- Coordinate the development of mechanical maintenance plans and budgets for mobile equipment at Nevada mine sites. Provide feedback to SMC Contract’s and NGM to enable maintenance planning improvements in terms of efficiency and maintenance of equipment integrity.
- Review the maintenance plans and budgets for SMC and NGM, for those heavy mobile equipment in which SMC has responsibility and must be maintained to a standard that maintains the integrity of the equipment and does not compromise safe operation. Provide critical assessment of these plans.
This role will also involve ensuring that maintenance costs due to NGM’s NFW don’t affect equipment maintenance unit rate or costs. These standards will include facility standards and work practices.
- Ensure that SMC maintains the heavy mobile equipment efficiently and such that the availability supports production requirements, providing feedback to NGM for improvements to Mining’s Plans. Maintaining heavy mobile equipment to a standard that maintains the integrity of the equipment and does not compromise safe operation.
- Monitor adherence of site maintenance operations to maintenance plans. This will involve using performance measures and KPI’s as developed within the framework of the contract. This role will also involve developing new or additional measures as means of improving the quality and efficiency of the maintenance work carried out by SMC.
- Ensure adherence to Mines Regulations for all works performed by SMC at NGM Mine site. Report unsafe facilities and practices to the Mine Superintendent. This function will involve ensuring NGM statutory obligations at the NGM mine are met on heavy mobile equipment and workshop facilities.
- Provide technical advice to SMC Contract and NGM
- Producing and or assist in producing the monthly invoicing and provide support for the Quarterly contract review.
- Contribute to the development of engineering technical standards. These standards will include facility standards and work practices.
- Assist in capital expansions by providing technical advice and site supervisory expertise as required.
The overall responsibility of this role is to ensure all work performed on heavy mobile equipment is performed in accordance with mining regulations and the relevant Standards, and hence to minimize the opportunity of safety incidents.
You have a minimum 5 years of maintenance supervisory experience in the mining or heavy processing industry. A Trade certificate in a mechanical or electrical discipline is preferred but not required or mechanical engineering degree. Strong computer skills and are highly proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel. You possess knowledge of Mine Health and Safety regulations and experience in an underground mining environment, with the ability to work a varied shift when needed in order to meet customer requirements.
You are a driven and highly motivated team player, who is attuned to working as part of a highly trained and motivated team in a complex mining operation. Your proven supervisory experience allows you to lead and communicate effectively with your team in a changing environment. You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enable you to develop productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders of all levels. You have a strong customer focus and first-rate planning and analytical skills. You are extremely well-organized, with a high attention to detail and excellent sense of time management, dedicated to delivering results on target.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Maintenance Supervisorposition, Job Req. ID# R0027710.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set