Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Production Lead - 2nd Shift
Looking for more than just another job? Come build a career with us. If you have experience in Production and a background in mining, heavy equipment, drilling and blasting or related industries Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions wants to speak with you!
Rotary Drilling is a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and is a leading supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the surface mining market. Based in Alachua, Florida the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customers productivity while reducing total cost of ownership. We prioritize our people, safety and reliability. We don’t just supply the technology that creates the most durable equipment on the market. We provide peace of mind.
Key performance areas
The Production Lead - 2nd Shift will support the shift supervisor on daily activities to direct and coordinate production or warehouse activities with assigned team at the plant to achieve production plans. Support improvements and implementation of new technologies. Provide support to current and long-range team strategies, objectives and plans.
Additionally, the Production Lead -2nd Shift will be responsible for:
- Provide all team production workers with the information and support needed to perform his/her job to the best of their ability
- Provide coaching, training and development opportunities for personnel in promoting a way of working that ensures processes are in line with business while ensuring compliance with environmental and safety rules and regulations
- Encourages the values of cleanliness and order in the shop
- Promotes process driven activities in production and warehouse operations
- Promote and encourage a continuous improvement environment on the shop floor
- 2nd shift work hours 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM
- Assists Shift Supervisor to plan and maintain workload for personnel according to predefined production plan and agreed targets with the Production Manager
- Monitor and report day to day production data and business climate to the team and Production Manager as needed
- Ensures that daily operations are happening in a proper manner in order to protect the building(s) as well as the company’s assets
- Responds to unexpected maintenance needs on site and reports them to Facilities Manager
- Checks specifications sheet to determine required assembly and special options
- Interpret prints and schematics for the assembly areas
- Ensures connections for correct fit, fastening parts and sub-assembles per customer specifications
- Resolves assembly problems and/or reports to Supervisor for assistance
- Maintains clean and safe working environment in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Adhere to industry quality and safety standards
- Ensure rigs meet customer expectations and deadlines
- Ensures the equipment is compliant with safety, functionality and quality according to specs
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OSHAS 18001:2007 taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement
The Production Lead-2nd Shift will have a minimum of 2 years working as a technician, high school diploma or GED preferred and prefer 3 years in a similar role.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://intranet.sandvik.com/employmentcareer/careerandvacancies/job_opportunities/Pages/default.aspx to the Production Lead -2nd Shift position, Job Req. ID # R0026833.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set