- Deadline: 28 Apr
- Country: Australia
- Location: Adelaide SA, South Australia
- Job-ID: R0026297
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best opportunity for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best opportunity for you tomorrow. So now we challenge you: Think one step further, and then take it!
The role of the Workshop Supervisor is to supervise the activities of the Customer Service Centre (CSC) teams in the workshop and field service operations. The role involves completing quotations, maintaining work in progress and can perform hands on assembly tasks when required while overseeing employees working within this area to ensure maximum levels of productivity to meet required deadlines while maintaining high standards of quality and safety.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Ensure all employees conduct themselves in accordance with our EHS Vision to achieve Zero Harm
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Contribute to achieving revenue within budgets
- Maintain a firm commitment to the quality objectives of the company and adhere to the current Australian standards
- Coordination of all warranty claims as per SMCs warranty policies
- Carry out repairs, maintenance, and fault diagnostic work on heavy duty plant equipment as per the appropriate site polices
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of the Pooraka facility
- Participate and champion site safety and toolbox meeting
You will need an extremely strong safety management culture with proven team leadership skills. You will need a background in the mining industry and be trade qualified. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role with proven experience in working under pressure. You will have the skills to provide technical advice and experience in a workshop environment.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- 12% Superannuation contribution
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here.
0448 044 698
Applications close: 29-04-2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: 28 Apr