Operations Field Support - Golden Grove
- Deadline: 28 Jan
- Country: Australia
- Location: Yalgoo WA, Western Australia
- Job-ID: R0023723
- Job category: Manufacturing
We have an exciting business - delivering cutting edge products and solutions to our mining and construction customers across the globe, and solving the ever-increasing safety, sustainability, productivity and profitability challenges of the market. Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology has over 14,000 employees across 9 different divisions and 14 sales areas, including a market leading digital and automation offering.
We are seeking motivated and customer focussed individuals for the role of Operations Field Support. The role is based at our client mine site and will see you engaged in direct customer service and Rock tools (ROTO) operational/coordination activities at Goldfields regional mine sites. Our staff provide you with comprehensive training to set you up to succeed. This presents you the opportunity to learn and apply Sandvik specific knowledge and services in support of mining customers. In turn, potential career opportunities include promotion to higher operations levels, or career paths to other roles such as sales, service, supervisory or management positions.
Some of the requirements of the role include:
- Managing drilling consumables inventories to underground drill sites
- Undertaking daily deliveries (a valid drivers licence is needed) and stock replenishment to sites (underground and surface)
- Analysing and reporting on drilling consumable performance, condition and failures
- Positively engaging with our client’s mining operators
- Sorting, gauging, reconditioning and coding drill bits
- Minor repairs and reconditioning of drill rods
- Timely data entry and record keeping
- Valid manual Drivers licence.
- Police Clearance upon application.
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 40kgs.
- Work Rights.
- FIFO roster reliability.
- Fitness / Capacity for work assessment (employment medicals arranged by Sandvik required), including a Drug & Alcohol test.
- High Customer focus and positive service orientation and attitude
- Able to perform independently and in teams.
- Adaptable and resilient.
To succeed in this role
You will have aptitude for learning and manual skills; receptiveness to training and guidance; safe behaviours; and, effective communication and collaboration skills. These will be the foundation of your progression to the ROTO activities you will be required to perform.
What we offer
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, and a Length of Service Recognition program.
- Annual Bonus.
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period.
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first, and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect, and trust.
At Sandvik, we believe in finding that perfect mix between work, family life, and interests, and we happily support our employees in balancing this. For us, it’s also clear that our diversities form an amazing foundation for achieving great results. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn, Facebook, or Work180 to get to know us further.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly, and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here.
Applications close: 29 January 2021
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: 28 Jan