Inventory Planning & Control Lead
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Job-ID: R0010262
- Job category: Manufacturing
INROCK in Houston, TX is looking for a
Inventory Planning & Control Lead
INROCK, part of Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology (SMRT), is a leader in supplying pilot hole bits, reamers, guidance systems, accessories and service for the premium maxi rig sector of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) operations in North America. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Key performance areas
The Inventory Planning & Control Lead supports the objectives of the Company including planning, tracking, and reporting on the flow of products through the manufacturing process as well as assist in managing inventory and outside service providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Review and track production in process including daily tracking of production jobs by operation
- Report on work in process inventory levels at the weekly production planning meetings
- Track the status and recommend the prioritization of jobs to outside service providers including heat treatment and 3rd party machine shops
- Monitor component and raw material inventory levels and recommend purchases based on actual and forecasted production demand
- Ensure physical and systematic receipt of component, raw material and outside service provider orders for the manufacturing process
- Schedule production order to align with demand from Operations Manager
- Review material, hour consumption and outside processing at completion of the manufacturing process
- Ensure job paperwork is complete and delivered to Accounting & Finance in a timely manner
- Track status of sales orders and coordinate with Shipping & Receiving regarding goods available for shipment
- Lead efforts to improve inventory efficiency, on-time delivery, and vendor qualification
- Effect periodic inventory cycle count program as required by the Accounting & Finance Department
- Actively contribute to application of EHS policies within the department
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a EHS committee member immediately
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per policy
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily during a 90-day probationary period. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The preferred candidate for this role will have a background in oilfield tool manufacturing, logistics, or scheduling. You possess an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Technical or Business Administration/Management. The preferred level of experience is greater than 5 years in a manufacturing environment. Familiarity with MS Dynamics NAV is a big plus while competence with MS Excel is expected.
We offer a competitive compensation package. Generous benefit package includes life, health, dental, PTO, holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Inventory Planning & Control Lead position, Job Req. ID# R0010262.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set