- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Bethel, Connecticut
- Job-ID: R0005269
- Job category: Manufacturing
KANTHAL® in Bethel, CT is looking for a
Stranding Operator 1st Shift (7am – 3pm)
If you have a proven background in experience in an industrial metal fabrication production environment and want to take your career to the next level with a global leader, we want to hear from you!
KANTHAL® is the global leader for products and services within the industrial heating technology and electrical heating areas. We offer a complete range of furnace systems, heating elements, specialty alloys and accessories for use throughout the heat treatment, foundry, thermal processing, commercial and consumer appliance markets. We are a business within Sandvik Materials Technology.
Key performance areas
For Sandvik’s Wire and Heating Technology product unit, the Stranding Operator will manufacture coils on specified winding machines to work order specifications. You will select which jobs will be performed according to delivery due dates, or as prioritized by your supervisor. You will use manufacturing orders, specifications, verbal and written instructions to prepare the stranding machine for proper arbor and gear sizes.
Additionally, the Stranding Operator will:
- Make necessary measurements, manual and visual inspections, and adjustments to stranding machines, as needed
- Operate machines to complete jobs, regularly checking the process to ensure quality standards are met
- Monitor stranding machines to insure all cradles and wires are in alignment
- Maintain daily production sheets
- Maintain good communication with supervisor by keeping him/her informed of quality, maintenance, safety or production issues
- Obtain supervisory approval for any deviations from standard procedures
- Maintain order and cleanliness in work area and observe all safety rules and environmental regulations
- Maintain a valid forklift operator’s license
The ideal candidate:
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED
- Has a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar manufacturing environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., move up to 100 lbs., bend, and reach
- Has the ability to perform simple math
- Must be able to read and speak English
Kanthal offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Stranding Operator position, Requisition #R0005269.
Kanthal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
KANTHAL® A Sandvik Brand
Deadline: Not set