Business Process Manager – Finance, TP & Indirect Tax (Hybrid)
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
WE WANT YOU TO HELP US CREATE THE DIGITAL FUTURE OF OUR COMPANY
We embarked a seven year global Business Transformation program enabled by SAP S/4HANA in January 2021. This is a greenfield implementation for Sandvik, a large Swedish multinational group. Ireland was chosen as the central hub location for this business digitalisation initiative which we call the “Seamless Flow Program”. A second phase of the Program is now starting, with ambition to extend the template to our Sales Units
We are looking for exceptional people to join our diverse and multi-cultural team. This is a fantastic opportunity to create the digital future for our organisation using the very latest SAP technologies, creating sustainable business benefits and supporting the execution of Divisional strategies.
As we are creating a new internal SAP competency, this presents a great opportunity for learning and career development in this full-time position.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering Group with a strong commitment to enhancing customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 44,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Business Process Manager – Finance, TP & Indirect Tax - for a permanent role in our Dublin Office.
This is a senior role in the Seamless Flow Programme with specific responsibility for ensuring the end to end seamless interoperability of processes across SAP S/4HANA and related integrated systems. The role is responsible for utilising the SAP S/4HANA standard processes to maximum effect to meet the business requirements while achieving cross divisional common ways of working. The role will lead the creation of new ways of working in the digital platform maximising the benefit to all whilst minimising deviations from common and standard.
This is a management position with direct report responsibility for one or more Business Analysts and indirect report responsibility for other business resources allocated to work on the programme during the design, system testing, UAT and go-live phases. The role will collaborate with specialist teams across the programme ensuring that the business needs are represented in Functional Design, Development, Security, Data Migration, Change Management & Training.
The role is critical to driving changes to the current way of working and achieving business adoption of those changes. The role requires broad business knowledge and highly developed influencing and negotiation skills to achieve divisional alignment in a positive “win-win” fashion.
Functional Area of Responsibility
This Business Process Manager role has responsibility for the following functional areas
- Financial Control
- Business Control
- Indirect Tax
- Transfer Pricing
- Business Intelligence
- Provide deep business knowledge and insight into how the business operates today and ensure that the requirements of the divisions / common functions are known and considered in the design process.
- Lead the design and development of new ways of working utilising SAP S/4HANA standard processes to maximum effect to meet the business requirements while achieving cross divisional common ways of working.
- Negotiate with and influence key business stakeholders to achieve divisional alignment with common and standard processes in a positive way
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to achieve efficient execution and commitment
- Leverage your extensive business knowledge to support the change management team in guiding the business through the change curve maximising technology adoption and minimising resistance
- Work closely with the other Business Process Managers and Functional Consultants to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the end to end processes
- Lead the Business Analyst(s) in meeting their responsibilities and deliverables throughout the Explore, Build, Test and Deploy phases
- Manage the objectives, performance and personal development of your direct reports
- Manage any part-time business resources that are allocated to the programme
- Collaborate effectively across the specialist teams on the programme, ensuring that they understand the business requirements and support them in achieving their objectives
- Provide short term and long term guidance to team and key stakeholders.
- Support system testing throughout the implementation phases
- Support the production of end user training material and delivery of end user training as required
- Play an integral role in deployment and cutover planning activities ensuring that the business risks are understood, appropriate mitigation strategies are in place and helping to secure business approval for deployment
- Work with the post go-live support team to support the business with the introduction of the new solution and processes, acting as a point of contact for business queries and issues that can be resolved without the need for system changes.
- Support the development of an SAP Centre of Excellence (CoE) located in Dublin
You are a highly motivated, delivery focused leader with superb interpersonal skills and a passion for excellence. You have a can-do attitude and thrive on working in a multi-cultural team environment. You have 5+ years of experience in a senior business role within an organisation, driving change.
You are highly organised, with good planning and people management skills. You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a proficiency in the MS Office suite. You are educated to degree level or equivalent. SAP S/4HANA and SAP Data Services experience is an advantage.
Training in S/4HANA and SAP Data Services will be provided.
Some international travel will be required.
Education, Licenses & Certificates
Educated to degree level, preferably finance or equivalent qualification
What we offer:
22 days annual leave
4 Company Days
Defined Contribution Pension
VHI Health Insurance
Life & Disability Insurance
Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to Work scheme
Flexible start & Finish times
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland, with exceptions for EMEA based on internal resources with required skillsets (Current office on Harcourt Street, we will relocate to a new office in the IFSC district as of 1st May 2022)
Reporting to: Program Director
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunnelling and quarrying. In 2021, sales were approximately 41 billion SEK with about 15,500 employees within continuing operations.
A glimpse of our culture
At Sandvik, we’re tech driven, innovative and entrepreneurial! For us, success is a team effort - we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where people can be themselves and reach their full potential. So, we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our differences. We also give you the freedom to find that perfect mix between work, family life and interests. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us further.
The closing date for applications is 30th June 2022
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU
Deadline: Not set