Digital Security Architect
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
Digital Security Solution Architect
At Sandvik Materials Technology (SMT) our mission is much more than delivering good products, technology, and processes – working together to develop solutions based on our customers’ needs, and, thereby, achieving our business goals is a better description of our daily work. With curious co-workers and safety as our priority, we create a work environment where you can grow both personally and professionally. SMT has initiated an exciting journey to explore the possibility of a separate listing on the Nasdaq Stockholm Exchange – earliest in year 2022, provided that the circumstances are deemed right at the time. With a clear direction for our journey ahead, utilizing our position as technology leader, progressive customer partner and sustainability driver, we aim to become an even stronger and independent company within our industry. There are not a greener brown field this size in the world, with over 6000 employees in 60 countries we are building our new company as we speak. Are you ready to take on this challenge together with us? We are already now starting to onboard several competences in the process to prepare for a new organizational set-up. Join our journey towards becoming a stand-alone company!
Sandvik Materials Technology is looking for a Digital Security Solution Architect to join the digital security team to help protect and drive the Sandvik Materials Technology mission. Information drives our business, and we must ensure the resilience of the information and production systems and processes across the enterprise.
As a modern and dynamic organization, we must also value and guard against damage to our reputation and brand. Finally, it is paramount that we defend against loss of control or confidence in our systems and products, to guarantee the highest probability of success.
Key Performance Areas
This role will focus on the technologies that ensure our networks and systems are up to industry and Sandvik Materials Technology standards of digital security.
It will also focus on providing high-criticality and high-risk services, with the resilience of those services in mind. This role will partner with various automation, production it, and application development groups across Sandvik Materials Technology to ensure that the technologies and systems we build in-house or purchase and deploy in-house are designed and maintained in a secure way that minimizes risk.
- Be a part of the global Digital Security Team as a stakeholder for the specific legal and customer requirements in the Americas region.
- Design and build digital security solutions for Sandvik Materials Technology systems, networks, and data. This can include:
- Network security systems and the backend infrastructure that powers such services.
- Application level security controls (e.g. Web Application Firewalls).
- Cloud deployments security policy enforcement, centralized configuration management, monitoring, etc.
- Authentication and Identity Services, including Muti-Factor solutions, Network Access Control identity servers, and related authentication and authorization technologies.
- Identity lifecycle management services and automation.
- Familiarity with enterprise security controls and security best practices for Windows, Linux, and Mac systems.
- Familiarity with cloud security services, concepts, and best practices.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for those solutions, maintaining documentation on them and advising others on their underlying technologies and operation.
- Work with security and IT teams to identify threats and problem areas, using that feedback to further strengthen tools and technologies. Materialize this as improvements which result in stronger and safer software and application deployments across Sandvik Materials Technology, measuring in decreased risk and prevalence of issues.
- Interface with Automation, Production IT, and Business Applications teams to advise on design, architecture, deployment, and operation of systems across Sandvik Materials Technology as the Security POC for these projects. This can include threat modeling, code reviews, and vulnerability assessments of the applications.
- Liaise with the business managers in the Sandvik Materials Technology global organization to ensure they get appropriate solutions to their requirements.
- Identify and evaluate risks, and then discover, select, and implement technology and process solutions that mitigate those risks.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, information security, computer science and 8+ years of information security, networking and/or systems administration experience OR 10+ years of information security experience without a degree.
- 4+ years’ experience with a programming or scripting language such as Python or PowerShell.
- Preference will be given to holders of relevant digital security certifications in good standing, e.g. CISSP, GIAC, etc.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes and source control technologies.
- Experience building automation between tools and systems.
- Experience performing analytics against aggregated log data, and building configurations to parse and handle log data from systems and tools.
- Familiarity with Linux, Windows, and Mac system internals.
- Track record of getting things done quickly and with quality.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a dynamic, evolving environment.
- Ethical character and uncompromised integrity.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401 (k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/career.com to the Digital Security Architect- Clark Summit , PA Position. Job Req#: R0031790.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation.
race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRSMT.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set