Dayforce Payroll Specialist
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Dayforce Payroll Specialist
Location: Mississauga, ON
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently we have an opening for a Dayforce Payroll Specialist. The Dayforce Payroll Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of payroll are processed in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with all applicable corporate policies and legislations. The successful candidate will work with the Payroll Manager and the team to ensure compliance with legislative requirements for the full annual payroll cycle.
Are you a certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner with Dayforce experience? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Performs payroll processing for hourly and salaried employees.
- Daily Dayforce system administration including verification of integrated import files and reports.
- Responds to inquiries and assists employees and managers in maintaining accurate timesheets and completion of Pay Approve checklists.
- Assists Managers in managing timesheet exceptions to ensure accuracy.
- Works with the Finance department to reconcile project hours against time worked on timesheets.
- Maintains time away from work balances and accruals.
- Leads system training for all employees as required.
- Continuous improvement of the payroll time and attendance system requirements and/or SOP changes and assists the Payroll Manager in execution of such.
- Works with system support to resolve system issues in a timely manner.
- Validates weekly pension demographic import files to payroll and ensures the records align.
- Other duties as assigned.
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification.
- Minimum two to three years of experience with Dayforce payroll system and Dayforce time and attendance system.
- Minimum of two to three years payroll experience in a multiple provincial payroll environment, including Quebec.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel including V-Lookups and Pivot Tables.
- Knowledge of the complete payroll cycle including year-end.
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Adaptable to frequently changing situations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Dayforce Payroll Specialist, requisition R0034930. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Nov 30