HR Shared Services Administrative Assistant
Sandvik in Mebane, NC is looking for a
HR Shared Services Administrative Assistant
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials. In 2019, the Group had about 40,000+ employees and sales of about 103 billion SEK in more than 150 countries.
We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented individual who will help us to create a positive experience for all our customers. Our Sandvik HR Solutions (HRS) Central Services Team works directly with local, on-site HR employees located at our varied business units across the United States to provide support to administrative and operational functions through monitoring and tracking of key projects and initiatives.
As an HR Shared Services Administrative Assistant, you are excited and motivated to help us continue to develop and build a positive and collaborative experience for all internal clients who interact with the HRS Central Services Team. You will have the opportunity to work with various business units and companies under the Sandvik group organization, experiencing many areas of the HR and Payroll field.
You may be involved in supporting our suite of HRS Group activities, which will vary from running ad hoc reports, creating scheduled business reporting dashboards, processing employee action notifications, and other varied tasks. There will be frequent interaction with other functional areas within the HRS unit, such as Payroll, Benefits, Mobility, and Compensation. This is an excellent opportunity for continuous career growth.
Key Performance Areas
- Assist in processing employee data changes utilizing Workday and Ceridian, including entering position change requests, terminations, retirements, etc as well as responding to any follow up questions or items
- Respond to employee and business unit inquiries in a timely fashion
- Monitor the shared HRS mailbox and phone lines. Answer questions as appropriate and/or forward inquiries to appropriate department/individual
- Support the Payroll team in the processing of payroll where needed
- Provide customer service to all local HR representatives and employees, as well as effectively communicate payroll and HRS related information
- Facilitate routine and ad hoc analytic and reporting requests
- Create and manage templates for repeatable HRS and Payroll processes
- Prepare and track standard and complex documents for employee transactions
- Manage an HR and Payroll tracking document for critical initiatives and project requests
- Gather and compile project information requests including scope, timeline, tasks, and assist in the development of detailed project plans
- Coordinate and collaborate with HR, Payroll, and Benefits team members to plan, execute and keep on track for projects of all sizes, often managing multiple projects at a time
- Maintain confidential department records and files in accordance with internal company procedures and legal requirements
- Complete special projects, duties, audits, and internal control verifications as assigned
- Document meeting outcomes and next steps. Ensure next steps are actioned, following up with key team members, as needed
- 1-3 years of experience in an HR administrative or comparable role
- Associate degree and/or equivalent experience will be considered
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Proficiency working in HRIS systems, spreadsheets, and e-mail
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in actions regarding company matters including identifying, maintaining, and directing confidential issues
- Ability to handle multiple priorities quickly and accurately respond to constantly changing demands
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excitement and passion for growing into a service-oriented HR career
The nice to haves
- Experience working with Workday and Ceridian
- Experience working with SharePoint
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit https://www.home.sandvik/careers/ to apply to the HR Shared Services Administrative Assistant position, Job Opening # R0032655.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set