HR Advisor - Employee Engagement
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
HR Advisor – Employee Engagement
Location: Greater Sudbury or Mississauga, ON
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently we have an opening for an HR Advisor – Employee Engagement. The HR Advisor – Employee Engagement is responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders and supporting the overall talent management strategy. This includes the support in workflow, onboarding, retention, offboarding and employee engagement and well-being.
Are you passionate, energetic, and committed to ensuring a positive experience for all stakeholders and employees? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Responsible for ensuring a positive and consistent experience for all new hires.
- Promote employee retention and engagement within the organization through initiatives.
- Facilitate weekly Sandvik Orientation.
- Oversee workflow of documentation.
- Support managers with direction on employee onboarding and internal transfers.
- Support the manager in developing Induction and Transition Plans.
- Coordinate regular check ins throughout employee probationary period.
- Develop and maintain a new manager toolkit.
- Manage the off-boarding process.
- Support and facilitate the Global Employee Engagement Surveys.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- College Diploma or University Degree in Human Resources or relevant field of study.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Human Resources.
- Computer literacy in related systems and programs.
- Working knowledge of an HRIS system is considered an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexible and easily adaptable.
- Strategic thinking with a strong ability to prioritize multiple competing issues.
- Perseverance in solving problems and finding alternative solutions.
- Travel may at times be required in this role.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the HR Advisor – Employee Engagement, requisition R0032482. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Sep 27