Leave of Absence Specialist
Sandvik in Mebane, NC is looking for a
Leave of Absence Specialist
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability, and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials. In 2019, the Group had 40,000+ employees and sales of about 103 billion SEK in more than 150 countries.
We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens, and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role.
Sandvik is currently recruiting a Leave of Absence Specialist to join our Human Resources Services team. In this role you will oversee and administer leave requests and accommodations requiring specialized attention, particularly those arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), state and local leave laws, and short-term or long-term disability plans.
- Communicates with employees regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work schedules. Ensures that employees are aware of their responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required to qualify for and to take leave.
- Run weekly Leave of Absence report and distribute to Business Partners.
- Interact with outside disability vendor regarding status of claims.
- Interacts with managers regarding status of claims.
- Maintains communication with employees on leave to facilitate smooth and timely return to work, relays communication between employees and their managers.
- Handles the leave administration process from the employee’s initial notice of the need for leave to the return to work. This includes gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, requesting medical certification, as needed, and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Advises managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off, workers’ compensation, and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning from extended FMLA, workers’ compensation, or other leave(s).
- Facilitates other leave requests which may include accommodation requests under ADA.
- Administers other company time-off programs as assigned in accordance with internal policy and applicable laws.
- Drafts and/or recommends revisions to company leave policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Preserves confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADA and other applicable laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- Two years of human resource experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus.
- Completion of specialized certification or training on FMLA/leave administration a plus.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply for the Leave of Absence Specialist position, Job Requisition # R0030363.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set