Financial Controller – Hybrid remote in Mebane, NC
About the Company: Sandvik Coromant is part of the global industrial engineering group Sandvik, and is at the forefront of manufacturing tools, machining solutions and knowledge that drive industry standards and innovations demanded by the metalworking industry now and into the next industrial era. Educational support, extensive R&D investment and strong customer partnerships ensure the development of machining technologies that change, lead and drive the future of manufacturing. Sandvik Coromant owns over 3,100 patents worldwide, employs over 7,900 staff, and is represented in 150 countries.
Our Culture: At Sandvik Coromant we work with our customers and employees on shaping the future together. Guided by this vision, we constantly aim to push boundaries of what’s possible. Our people are behind the strength of our brand, the quality of our products and the future of our business.
Employees at Sandvik Coromant are part of a true global team. We’re available in 150 countries with more than 8000 employees helping customers all over the world. As such, we value the diversity of our teams and work hard to make sure our company is inclusive and embraces the unique perspective and At Sandvik Coromant we believe that empowered people thrive in their teams, uplift each other, and eventually turn into leaders themselves. Our leadership model is there to make you excel and be the driver of change we need. Sandvik Coromant encourages life-long learning and invests heavily in trainings, programs, and courses. We believe that by helping employees grow, we secure a sustainable future for us all. Sandvik Coromant also wants to have a positive influence in the communities around the work where we are active. Our platform for projects in sponsorship and community involvement includes involvement in children and youth, education and skills, and health and wellbeing programs.
About the role: We are looking for a Financial Controller to become an integral part of our Finance/Business Control team. This position will work 3 days in Sandvik Coromant’s US headquarters located in Mebane, NC and will have flexibility to work from home the remaining days of the week. The Financial Controller will engage in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, data consolidation, and reviewing operational performance. This position will report to the Sales Area Business Controller.
- Assist with the month end close, perform local country consolidations, prepare annual report and local GAAP financial reporting package, prepare regulatory reporting, run clearing of open item accounts and GIT, post IFRS 16
- Ensure compliance with Sandvik Coromant profit center/cost center structure including functional area classifications, will ensure compliance with financial reporting policies and procedures, will close GL
- Responsible for payroll and expense postings and will reconcile variable pay plan accruals, post accrual/deferral for reserves and other expenses
- Will work with stakeholders to complete NDA and supplier requests for information, will manage internal tracking of new, changes, and deleted contracts
- Manage journal entries, allocations, and balance sheet
- Process customer credit management and work with AP to ensure invoices are coded and processed timely
- Calculate and post stock obsolescence and set up internal orders for new trunk stock accounts to ensure correct accounting,
- Respond to audit requests and assist with other special projects and assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Highly proficient In Microsoft Excel and SAP
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization with many stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive process improvement
- Highly motivated and detail oriented with exceptional analytical skills
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/career and apply to the “Financial Controller” position, JO R0053266.
Coromant is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set