Sandvik, Inc is looking for an
General Accountant, Mebane, NC, US
Location Mebane, NC, US
SANDVIK INC is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials. In 2019, the Group had about 40,000+ employees and sales of about 103 billion SEK in more than 150 countries
We are looking for a dynamic and results-orientated General Accountant to join our team!
Key performance areas
The General Accounting Department is a shared service provider for 11 different Sandvik company codes or divisions. The General Accountant will support all divisions by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our general ledger, bank accounts and tax filings. The General Accounting department strives for continual improvement by means of internal controls, follow up, risk evaluation, and identification of opportunities to improve processes.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Performs General Accounting functions including determining the proper handling of financial transactions, booking journal entries and reconciling accounts.
- Creates, reviews and submits state sales and use tax returns.
- Records and reconciles payroll in the general ledger.
- Creates and journalizes internal debit notes.
- Reconciles cash entries daily and monthly.
- Responsible for monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintains the fixed asset register by processing acquisitions, disposals and depreciation entries.
- Approves employee expense reports exceptions via the Certify Employee Expense Reporting System Reviews and approves ACH and check payments to vendors and employees.
- Assists in monthly closings and produces financial statements in compliance with Sandvik Guidelines
- Creates and administers the monthly allocation cycles Creates monthly uploads of SAP financial data into Sandvik’s group reporting system, BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation)
- Prepares ad hoc financial analysis.
- Prepares analyses and reconciliations of the general ledger.
- Assists with the annual audit and tax package as required.
- Contributes to a well-controlled business environment with a focus on following Sandvik’s internal control procedures.
- Must be comfortable interacting and meeting with all levels of the organization, be able to promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge, and maintain a high degree of customer service internally and externally.
- Must possess the ability to investigate problems and recommend corrections.
- Performs other such duties as may be appropriate for this position.
In this exciting role, you combine an interest in business with solid finance skills. You can balance a role where you must be both supporting and when needed challenge your colleagues and manager with integrity in a constructive way. You are analytical but can also communicate your findings in a clear and understandable way. One example is in connecting our operational activities and targets and how they translate into financial results. Your mindset is proactive and forward-looking, and you focus on solutions and regularly suggest improvements based on what you see and learn. You are self-propelling with the ability to prioritize when needed.
You possess a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. You must have at least 2 years of experience in accounting within a business environment. Must possess excellent communications, planning and organizational skills. Experience with SAP is a plus. You have an excellent understanding of financial processes, reporting, and accounting, and a high level of computer proficiency, especially in Excel and PowerPoint. You are highly organized, strongly analytical, and have a keen attention to detail and ability to question the facts. Working with continuous improvements is a natural part of your character and you feel comfortable searching for information, identifying small and large solutions, and challenging the norm. You are flexible, react well to change, and remain calm in the face of challenges.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply to the General Accountant, Mebane, NC, US, Job ID: R0050540
At Sandvik Inc, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set