Internal Control Officer
Internal Controls Professional / Officer With a proud tradition of more than 150 years of pioneering solutions, our Sandvik Group concept has long been based on innovation, technology leadership and customer relationships. In keeping with our vision and values, our ambition is always to set the industry standard in the areas in which we operate. Naturally, this also apply on our internal control function.
We’re now looking for Internal Controls Professional to join our international and dynamic team of skilled controllers. Are you intrigued by a challenging and exciting opportunity, where you get to make a true difference for our organization while developing your own skills?
Let’s talk about the job
In this role, you’re responsible for supporting our group goals by achieving reasonable assurance for financial information accuracy and reliability. This is mainly done by ensuring the anchoring of internal control systems and overall financial compliance. Additionally, you support our continuous change management processes to shape behaviors and attitudes within the regional organization – aiming towards a more seamless environment for control.
Your responsibilities also include:
• Providing specialized skills and guidance to management and other stakeholders; aiming at evaluating internal control
• Providing support and subject matter expertise to the Group Internal Controls Manager and other internal stakeholders as required
• Guide our business areas in the design of new processes, to ensure that automated, efficient and effective controls are built into their processes and systems
• Ensuring output is executed and managed to a high standard, in line with the Sandvik Group Internal Control (IC) framework
• Internal Control management, including IC framework roll-out and continuous improvements in the quarterly IC – reporting for completeness and accuracy for the countries within your scope.
• Performing quality reviews (independent testing) of entity; planning, performing, analyzing and followup of end-to-end processes
• Identifying known and emerging risks to help management develop proactive processes and controls
• Proactively tracking and understanding changes in the Sandvik business environment, to effectively and timely adapt internal control plans to meet new requirements.
• Providing external benchmarking insights to Sandvik’s control environment
Requirement for this position to be based is preferred in APAC (China / Australia) or South America (Chile / Mexico) with frequent travel of around 50%
What about you?
We’re looking for someone with at least five years’ experience within accounting, finance or administration, and from a position with high focus on internal and external audits, internal control or financial control. You have a good business acumen and strong project management skills, and you’re used to communicating in work groups with diverse culture.
As we’re a global business, you’re fluent in both written and verbal English. We see it as an advantage if you have experience from the manufacturing industry.
As a person, you’re structured, analytical and have a passion for teamwork. Being service-oriented and ambitious, you work proactively with a sense of urgency when the situation calls for it.
On top of this, you’re the number one collaborator and an inspirational team player – someone who is comfortable in challenging us and making things happen.
Deadline: Not set