- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Smyrna, Georgia
- Job-ID: R0021634
- Job category: Finance
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Smyrna, GA is looking for a
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Financial Analyst at the Smyrna, GA location.
Key performance areas:
This role will engage in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, variance analysis, data consolidation, and reviewing operational performance. This position will report to the Manager of Business Control.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze operational and financial results and make recommendations for improvements
- Validate and maintain Equipment order backlog register
- Create forecasts of future business conditions using multiple scenarios
- Stay abreast of developments in those industries in which the company operates
- Participate in the process and completion of company forecasts
- Prepare, distribute, and consolidate forecast templates and provides financial data and feedback based on forecast assumptions
- Analyze and understand deviations from the established forecast
- Assist management in the analysis of its overall strategic direction
- Provide input on improvements in both reporting and forecasting accuracy
- Assist in analysis of Balance Sheet account fluctuations
- Compile key business metrics and report to management
- Support monthly closing, and special projects and analysis as needed
- Assist in the review/audit of company financial practices and commercial processes to ensure compliance and proper functioning of internal controls
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures including Safety Guidelines
- Take responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization
- Identify opportunities for performance improvements across the organization
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent business experience. Must have 2-3+ years of progressively responsible finance or accounting experience.
- Exposure to the mining or construction industries a plus.
- Strategic planning, operations and Big 4 experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Alteryx is a plus.
The Finance Analyst should also possess:
- Skilled in the use of Power BI Pro - Assist in the development and implementation of new reports
- Must use initiative, be proactive and have good follow-up skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel)
- Strong analytical thinking for translating and comprehending data from a variety of data sources
- Open minded and creative ability to continually identify process improvement possibilities with an "automate first" approach
- Highly detail oriented but able to step back and determine applicability to the bigger picture
- Good communication and presentation skills (both written and oral), ease of contact with international teams
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Financial Analyst position, Job Req. ID# R0021634.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set