Field Service Technician - S3 x 2
- Deadline: 21 Jan
- Country: South Africa
- Location: Burgersfort
- Job-ID: R0015993
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
To service and/or maintain Mining Equipment through: Machine availability, customer relation and safety, health and environmental effectiveness.
This service is rendered to Sandvik clients (internal and external) this position is for a Field Service Technician position permanent on site, representing all Sandvik fleet.
Key Performance Areas:
- Install, repair, inspect and commission products and equipment of different kind at customer site or own premises.
- Report and document results after above actions.
- Responsible for plan, conduct and maintain tools and equipment for service work.
- Support the customer’s product/equipment/processes by suggesting possible improvements.
- Provide technical support to the sales team.
- Provide problem solving to customer.
- Ability to produce positive results in sales-client interventions.
- Guide colleagues in service methods and tools.
- Share own knowledge to enable colleagues to expand their knowledge.
- Grade 12 (Matric) or equivalent qualification
- Trade Certificate of Competence, if possible Diesel Mechanic, Auto Electrical, Millwright
- Minimum 2 year experience working as Field Service Technician with proven competence as Earth moving Equipment Technician in the above mentioned field
- Basic Computer literacy
- Own set of tools
- English proficiency
- Code 08 license
- Full physical & medical certificate to work in mining environment Experience in:
- Fault finding / electro hydraulic / auto electrical / hydraulic / PLC, remote control offerings
- Underground mining environment, maintaining of earth moving equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Lead by example
- Passion to maintaining equipment
- Working according to Sandvik standard & procedures.
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS), or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers.
Applications close : 21 January 2020
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.