Newtrax is a Standalone Business Unit in Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions. Newtrax believes the future of mining is underground, not only because minerals close to the surface are increasingly rare, but because underground mines have a significantly lower environmental footprint.
To accelerate the transition to a future where 100% of mining is underground, Newtrax eliminates the current digital divide between surface mines and underground mines. To achieve this goal, Newtrax integrates the latest Internet-of-Things and Artificial Intelligence technologies to monitor and provide insights on underground operations, including people, machines and the environment.
We are now looking for an experienced and proactive APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST. The position is permanent, full-time and based in Tampere, Finland and reporting to Regional Vice President, Europe and Middle East.
As an Applications Specialist, you are responsible for delivering, coordinating, managing, and supporting technical services deployments of Newtrax solutions. You take ownership and responsibility for project execution and client success on project tasks throughout the assigned region. You specialize primarily in the deployment, ongoing services and support of software, system configurations and reports.
Your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform 1st and 2nd -line problem analysis of client system onsite with a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Perform software installations, system configurations independent
- Provide training to installers and users
- Conduct site audits to review client-specific mining equipment and telecommunications systems, recommend and execute plans to improve system performance
- Validate post-installation data acquisition and configurations
- Relay market intelligence to Newtrax R&D and Product Management teams and maintain an up-to-date understanding of technology development and roadmap
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure a healthy pipeline of services activities are available in support of growth plans
Your background and what we find important
You have a suitable technical degree and several years of experience working as a similar role. You have previous experience in onsite/field services, mining or similar Industry and customer liaison. In addition, you have worked within client support or application roles related to Mining production Control solution, Communication, Mining Planification, Maintenance Control, Management Control, and Automatization.
The following technical skills or knowledge are essential to succeed in this role:
- Operating systems, networking and servers
- Scripting languages
- Understanding of WiFi, LTE, Ethernet
- Analysis, data science and/or dashboards/reports
- Communication and Networking protocols
- Understanding of Application and software system architecture
- Embedded, Desktop and Server application deployment, commissioning, support
We are looking for a person with a customer-oriented mindset and with a good business acumen. Critical-thinking, problem-solving and time-management skills also required in this role. In addition, you have good presentation, teamwork and organizational skills and your way of working is proactive and self driven. As we work in global business frequent travel (50% approximately) is need in this role.
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment surrounded by a highly skilled group of professionals as well as opportunities for your professional development. As a learning organization in a fast-paced global industry, our most precious asset is our employees and our guiding values are: Health, Safety & Security, Global Citizenship, Teamwork & Trust, Excellence and Rigorous Financial Discipline. To see testimonials from our employees, view the following video: https://www.newtrax.com/careers/#career-opportunities
For further information about these positions, please contact:
Plauto Campos, Regional Vice President, Europe and Middle East, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact:
Sandvik HR Services Finland, tel. +358 800 1 44444 (at 8-16, EEST).
Want to be part of our team?
Submit your application and CV at home.sandvik/careers by Sunday 2nd April 2023. Please note that we are processing the applications already during the application period. Your application should consist of an introductory letter including your salary request and a CV (in English). When applying in our system, please make sure to also attach your cover letter when asked to upload your CV.
Job ID: R0052266.
Deadline: Apr 2