Grind Process Engineer
Sandvik Coromant in Westminster, SC is looking for a
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group Sandvik.
At Sandvik we are dedicated, diligent and we believe in our company and its values. Our belief is that knowledge grown when it is shared and when we work together with our customers, both parties have more chances to achieve success.
Find out more about our company and careers!
The Grind Process Engineer’s responsibilities include improving the quality levels within production, coordinating machinery investments within production, implementing new production technologies within the production unit, and supporting the achievements of key performance indicators of the Inserts Production Plant.
Key performance areas:
- Manage strategical investments to maintain high production efficiency levels with the latest technologies.
- Support industrialization of new products in cooperation with Product Development engineers and other Insert’s production units.
- Support and solve problems alongside production teams in terms of equipment, engineering, product, and quality.
- Drive projects to improve our quality level, raise the productivity levels and increase efficiencies within the Inserts Production Plant.
- Interact with other insert production units and production technology centers to share best practices and support global teams to resolve issues within similar processes in other production units.
- Maintain contact with local and international suppliers.
- Some business travel will be required.
Additionally, the Process Engineer will:
- Define and achieve the agreed targets within the Insert Production Plant.
- Communicate and collaborate both within the process team and with cross-functional teams.
- Ensure that processes are in line with standards and in compliance with environmental and safety regulations.
- Encourage and support the plant’s 5S standards and the values of cleanliness and order in the shop
- Maintain the status of the machinery & equipment to ensure quality of products.
- Reduce production costs through developing maintenance and work methods that improve process efficiencies and reliability.
- Ensure the implementation of new technologies, processes, and products.
You are a self-driven individual who holds a bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering. You have knowledge of process engineering and automation, lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and/or Project Management. You’re eager to learn and are ready for growth in your engineering career. You possess a systematic and logical approach to problem solving. You have good interpersonal skills; you’re a good communicator and you work well with others. You are a self-starting, quick learner who possesses an innovative spirit and are willing to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining agreed deadlines.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD
- Have a working knowledge of inspection equipment is a plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Preferred experience in LEAN manufacturing techniques and continuous improvement principles.
- Preferred knowledge of Industry 4.0 and IOT principles and their application in the Machine Shop environment.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit Sandvik Group and apply to the Process Engineer position, Job Requisition ID# R0050065.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Apr 27