Application Specialist, Region Central, India
Job Title: Application Specialist, Region Central, India
No. of Vacancies: 1
Job ID: R0044876
Full time /Part Time: Full time
Regular /Temporary: Regular
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions and know-how to the metalworking industry. With extensive investments in research and development we create unique innovations and set new productivity standards together with our customers. These include the world's major automotive, aerospace and energy industries. Sandvik Coromant has 8,000 employees and is represented in 130 countries. We are part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the global industrial group Sandvik.
At Sandvik Coromant, we are driven by a passion for excellence in everything we do. Our belief is that sustainable success is a team effort and with our profound knowledge of metal cutting and insight into the varying challenges of different industries, we strive to develop innovative solutions in collaboration with our customers, to meet both current and future demands.
We are seeking for people who are passionate in their work and possess the drive to excel to join us.
Works as technical expert to support sales team in total solution offer to customers and fulfills technical solution delivery that meet customer’s needs.
- Fulfils and delivers expertise in relevant technical product and application solution to customers and supports Account Managers, either on site or remotely, to maximize and extend business opportunities within specific scopes of competencies.
- Responsible for ensuring Sandvik Coromant products are correctly implemented and deployed to ensure they are as well secured to minimize competitor conversion and customers gain the maximum impact of utilizing Sandvik Coromant tools and technology.
- Supports Account Managers in technical presentations and customer interactions to ensure suitable business opportunities are identified and secured for Sandvik Coromant, whether analogue or digital.
Technical Product & Services Implementation
- Fulfils total delivery of technical solution and sales support to end-customers and distributors, in close cooperation with Account Managers to grow share of wallet at maintain, strengthen and develop customers.
- Coordinates and organizes interaction between technical and commercial departments of the company, as well as relevant distributor services for projects in the Sales department/Cluster entrusted. Prepares integrated solutions for customers.
- Engaged by Account Managers to visits to current and potential accounts.
- Support Account Manager in new product and service introduction to customers.
- Recommends products and services within core machining as well as expanded arena including digital machining solutions that fit well with clients’ business needs during solution offer with Account Managers.
- Responds to more complex technical questions regarding the organization’s products, systems or services.
- Develops and delivers training to educate internal employees and external partners and customers on the features of their purchase.
- Troubleshoots, investigates, and resolves technical problems that arise during or after implementation.
- Develops test applications used for testing modules, including customer-specific components.
- Builds effective working relationships with end customers and distributors to secure agreed priorities implementation.
- Supports Sales activities including analysis of customer’s technical needs and suggests and implements solutions.
- Proactively supports cross functional working to deliver results.
- Is an ambassador for driving new ways of working and future technology within his/her expertise field to ensure customers’ needs are fulfilled and profitable business is gained for Sandvik Coromant.
- Accountable to ensure successful opportunities identified by Account Managers or others are qualified and as appropriate products are technically applied in a first-class manner to maximize Sandvik Coromant’s market share and profitable business.
- Documents applied products and services performance and savings, whether successful or unsuccessful to ensure Sandvik Coromant can develop and deliver the most competitive products on the market.
- Leads the customer projects from start to finish together with Account Manager.
- Ensures post-sales activities to include resolving implementation problems and conducting trainings required.
- Liaises with hardware, software, and systems design engineers to ensure that products and services are modified, configured, and installed per customer needs.
- Works in matrix to ensure technical alignment between customers, sales Account Managers and internal departments.
- Monitors competitors’ landscape and alternative solutions that can jeopardize business in [area of competence].
Support in Business Development
- Develops business plans in conjunction with Account Managers as appropriate, to ensure market share increases/key product focuses within the sales department are achieved in line with financial targets and KPI’s.
- Ensures proactive customer need analysis to be presented to Account Manager.
- Ensures high quality and latest updates of data and information on all sales activities in CRM (Dynamics) within his/her zone of responsibility.
- Participates in implementation of improvements made by the company.
- Follows Internal Rules Regulations, in due time provides and correctly processes internal documents determined by the company.
- Constantly improves and shares knowledge of the Sandvik Coromant Offer and quality of production, new tools and technologies.
- Constantly increases the level of the professional development and own area of technical expertise through the training arranged by the company, and also independently.
- Participates in trade shows and other company events when required.
- Carries out other requests of the company management concerning activity of the company.
- Bears full responsibility for high-quality performance of the job duties, observance of Company rules and the labor legislation of the country.
- Are provided within the rules determined by documents of the companies of the Sandvik group (Fair Play, Code of conduct, Machining Solutions Operational Manual) and Sandvik for realization of the assigned job duties.
- Has the right to demand from the company administration to create and maintain working conditions at the necessary level (according to the requirements of the Labor Regulations of the country).
Competencies are a group of behaviors that encompass knowledge, skills, abilities and personal characteristics that, together, drive performance. In addition to exhibiting the main competencies held by their direct reports, sales managers should also exhibit the following competencies to successfully perform this role:
- Broad technical knowledge in Metal cutting tools.
- Strong competence on [area of expertise]
- Structured, business orientated approach to support a diverse and geographically spread team with technical competence.
- Ability to manage customer requests and business issues effectively within a complex and global matrix organization, capable of leveraging functional resources working in a matrix organization
- Ability to listen to customers and sales project teams to understand underlying needs and ensure suitable technical solutions are delivered to secure profitable business for Sandvik Coromant.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of relevant software programs, e.g. CAD/CAM
- Knowledge in the field of digital technologies in metalworking (industry 4.0).
- Knowledge of LEAN processes.
- Knowledge of advanced metal cutting machining methods.
- Experience of project work and project management (engineering and productivity increasing)
- Obtains practical knowledge in the effective use of Sandvik Coromant Sales Tools, including, but not limited, to Productivity Improvement Programs (PIP), Value Selling, and Productivity Analyzer (PA), Dynamics (CRM System)
- Ability to apply digital tools of Office 365 in daily work with internal and external stakeholders (ex., Teams and etc.).
- Strong execution capabilities for technical deployment of products and ensuring that the work is considered to be ‘closed’ in order that a commercial deal can be closed by the Account Manager.
- Able to create synergy, collaborate and gain commitment to execute action plan.
- Be structured and well organized including time management skills.
- Strong execution capabilities
- Being a good communicator and skilled at making technical presentations in front of a targeted group.
- Shows high skills in communicating in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Works in line with Sandvik Core Values
- Solid and proven technical experience with engineering cutting tools skills and knowledge.
- Proven track record in delivering good business results.
- Solid knowledge of commercial and technical terms and conditions with industrial customers.
- Relevant experience from CAD/CAM.
- Relevant application knowledge
- Project management knowledge and experience is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of managing external and internal customer relationships is an advantage.
- People management experience is an advantage
Degree or equivalent qualification in mechanical/manufacturing engineering or a related field.
How to apply
You may upload your updated profile in Workday system through your ESS login, no later than August 19, 2022..
Please send your application by registering on our site www.sandvik.com/career and uploading your CV against JR R0044876 before August 19, 2022.
Deadline: Aug 19