IT Application Engineer
Working for Sandvik means that every day, through your actions, you contribute to important shifts in the world. In a constantly evolving world, one of Sandvik’s fundamental strengths has always been our passion for innovation, to take the lead and find new ways to solve challenges. Our innovations and continuous improvements have a great impact on people’s daily lives, society, and the long-term sustainability of the world. We are doing this, combining the aspiration of making things better with a strong and open mindset to create value for all our stakeholders – customers, employees, and communities – which ultimately also leads to shareholder value. This is the foundation of our very existence and we are immensely proud of being able to play this role.
At our business area segment Sandvik Machining Solutions (SMS), we hold an exciting multi-brand portfolio with some of the strongest brands of the metal cutting market. We employ about 18,000 brilliant minds worldwide, and in 2021, sales were approximately 37 billion SEK (including business area segment Sandvik Manufacturing Solutions).
SMS Logistics ensures that any product, ordered anywhere in the world, arrives at our customers in time, in perfect condition, with the lowest possible impact on the environment and in compliance with all international laws and regulations – at the lowest possible cost for Sandvik Machining Solutions.
At the Distribution Center in Singapore, we distribute products within the Asia Pacific Region.
We are now looking for an IT Application Engineer. Location will be the SMS Asia Pacific Distribution Center in Singapore.
This is a great opportunity if you’re excited by the idea of working in a global and fast-paced business environment with diversified cultures.
As an IT Application Engineer, you will support the planning, design, maintenance and installation of the Warehouse Management System and the related distribution center applications, using sophisticated software tools, utilizing knowledge of application engineering and programming, as well as general knowledge of the SMS Logistics business processes and best practices. Further, you will provide onsite technical support to end-users for the WMS applications by responding directly to user’s requests for support.
In this position, you report directly to the DC IT Manager.
- Analyze errors and/or development needs and make recommendations or specifications for improvements to prevent these errors in either internal or external systems;
- Manage, maintain and assist the development and improvement of the Warehouse Management system to support the SMS Logistics organization and business strategy;
- Update and maintain documentation and work instructions for the Warehouse Management System;
- Provide guidance and training as needed to facilitate identified process improvements, including but not limited to advanced data gathering and analysis and problem solving;
- Support the continued development of SMS Logistics Business Data Platform;
- Manage, maintain, and continuously develop and improve the distribution center applications infrastructure to support the current needs, as well as future demands of the SMS Logistics organization and business strategy;
- Regular contact, collaboration and escalation with global Warehouse Management Application Management team as well as external suppliers/vendors as needed to support the SMS Logistics organization and business strategy;
- Support ongoing activities for key projects within SMS Logistics by conducting tests, analyzing and correcting errors where applicable, reporting results back to various project teams.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience with a Warehouse Management Applications and architecture.
- Experience with RedPrairie/JDA/Blue Yonder WMS is a plus.
- Experience in writing and debugging JDA/Blue Yonder MOCA based queries and functions is a plus.
- You have experience with Oracle RDBMS.
- You have excellent organization, communication, and presentation skills.
- You also must be proficient with Microsoft Windows Client Operating Systems (Win1x), as well as Microsoft Office 365 Suite of applications.
- You are a flexible, self-motivated and pro-active person with excellent English skills both written and verbal.
At Sandvik, we strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Apply via Sandvik´s intranet, Job ID: R0041085.
Deadline: May 27