Seco Tools is seeking an expert Engineer for the position of Design Engineer for Mexico, representing Seco Tools’ comprehensive metal cutting solutions.
Who We Are And What We Do
We are a people company in the machining business. For over 80 years, we have been more than just a cutting tool provider. Our tools help build planes, trains, automobiles, and everything else around us. Your phone case? The molds are cut and built by our tools. The lenses in the glasses you wear? Cut by Seco's products. The Chicago Bean in Millennium Park was crafted by our tools. It's our business, we're good at it, and proud of it! We make a difference in people's lives, and we want you to be a difference maker too.
Develop and design rotary cutting tools (carbide and PCD) that meet high quality requirements and performance standards.
- Collaborates and receives technical information and product requirements through the sales team and customers.
- Specifies detailed functional requirements for new products; researches, designs, tests and integrates components to produce final designs and evaluates the overall efficiency, cost, reliability and safety of the design.
- Designs, develops, performs and evaluates the suitability of tests, product specifications and process validation plans; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials
- It uses CAD CAM systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Responsible for the delivery of methods/processes and equipment to production.
- Analyze and develop continuous improvements to make processes more efficient with production support.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing and support departments, contractors and designers.
- Launch of new projects.
- Identify trends, opportunities and threats.
- Update in the use and application of new technology as well as technical support.
- Workplace: Saltillo, Coahuila (MX).
- Conversational and written English (bilingual, 100% vital).
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineer.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in the automotive industry in the area of design and manufacturing.
- CAD software. NX and/or Solidworks
- Programming of CNC, CAM Nx or equivalent.
- Measurement technologies and geometric tolerances.
- Project Management
- ERP management and control system
- Data Analysis, Charts
- Measurement of critical metrics.
- ISO Quality Systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Deadline: Not set