We are looking for a dynamic and results-orientated Manufacturing Engineer to join our team and who will be key to our future way of working to join the engineering team.
Key performance areas
Key Activities and Responsibilities
In this role you will work on a number of different projects and proactively identifying Improvement opportunities. You will be key in developing our technical know-how and expertise across our production site including processes such as tool design, machining, heat treatment, grinding, and coating.
We appreciate the skills and knowledge you bring and open our application to various engineering backgrounds some examples could include mechanical/electrical engineering, industrial engineering or process safety. More important to us is your ability to problem solve, think critically, and identify opportunities for us to improve. The goal is to support the production and engineering projects with technical solutions and information, and help develop the business
You will be part of an engineering team and will have the opportunity to collaborate with others but also to manage and work on your own areas of responsibility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement capabilities and processes to ensure that costs, quality targets and compliance of production standards is achieved.
- Develop manufacturing and production processes that are reliable, cost-effective, and support the organization’s short and long-term business objectives.
- Drive and contribute to improvements to increase productivity, quality and cost of equipment, processes, work and best practice.
- Contribute with input from production in product development projects.
- Responsible to perform support to production.
- Control and ensure that production schedules are met of the assigned production process.
- Revise and implement new method/process/products and equipment in production.
- Purchase and implement equipment/system in production.
- Create and revise directives and instructions with area of expertise.
Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Must be able to read and understand blueprints and process plans. Must demonstrate engineering skills. Being self-directed and working in team environments is expected. Positions may require weekend or off shift scheduling to meet business needs.
We are looking for someone with a degree in a relevant field, or equivalent academic background. Most of all we recognize and value your passion to work in collaboration with other functions to develop our production strategy and engineering capabilities.
At Seco Niagara Cutter, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business, and thereby, our customers.
Sandvik/Seco Niagara Cutter offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply to the Manufacturing Engineer, Job Post R0037416 at www.niagaracutter.com/careers.
At SECO Niagara Cutter, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik/Seco Niagara Cutter is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources. Sandvik/Seco Niagara Cutter also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set