Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Rotary Drilling is a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and is a leading supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the surface mining market. Based in Alachua, Florida the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customers productivity while reducing total cost of ownership. We prioritize our people, safety and reliability. We don’t just supply the technology that creates the most durable equipment on the market. We provide peace of mind.
We’re looking for a dynamic and result-orientated Product Engineer, if this sounds like you, then keep reading…
The Product Engineer is responsible for maintaining the assigned product model(s) throughout the product life cycle. The Product Engineer’s ultimate responsibility is to ensure the product maintains high quality and market competitiveness. The Product Engineer has sole technical and product configuration responsibility for the assigned product(s) and reports to the Chief of Engineering.
- Maintain technical coordination and support with the engineering staff and other departments, including, but not limited to Production, Purchasing, Sales and Customer Service
- Prioritize product improvements and quality issues and close them by following the continuous product improvement (CPI) process
- Ensure the component/system strategy is maintained for the products
- Create / Approve ECNs for assigned product(s) as needed for engineering releases
- Implement common solutions across product models by working closely with component/system lead
- Perform and approve design calculations to ensure the design meets the requirements
- Own the product cost structure and lead cost reduction projects
- Work with Project manager closely throughout the project to meet the project targets
- Manage a team, assign tasks and mentor junior engineers in technical aspects
- Drive efficiency of the assembly of the product and reduce build time
- Cooperate with the remote resource pools and engage resources as needed
- Visit mine sites to have deeper understanding of the application and customer needs
- Ensure product bill of material is ready for prototype and serial production according to the project model; maintain BOM of the assigned product(s)
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. MS in Mech. Engineering is preferred. At least 5 years of practical experience in engineering or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Additional Qualifications and Requirements
- CAD package Proficiency (UG preferred)
- MS Productivity suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Working within PDM system (TeamCenter)
- Good understanding of common engineering standards for mobile equipment product development (3D- modelling, design & drafting, GD&T)
- Ability to perform FEA (Ansys) or interpret results for decision making
- Teamwork and clear communication skills
- Knowledge of machine design, hydraulics, powertrain and heat transfer.
- Understanding machine steel fabrications, manufacturing techniques, and processes for mobile equipment
- Ability to write the field test report and/or machine performance report
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Product Engineer position, Job Req. ID # R0031397.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set