General Manager - Production Technology
- Deadline: 17 Apr
- Country: India
- Location: Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh
- Job-ID: R0026688
- Job category: Engineering
About Sandvik Group:
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best opportunity for you today, we are already thinking ahead to find the best opportunity for you tomorrow. So now we challenge you: think one step further, and then take it!
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading supplier in equipment and tools, services and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Our application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking and demolition. To our Rock Tools division and the Production Unit in Patancheru, we are now looking for a General Manager - Production Technology to join us.
To Manage overall production technology functions for all product lines in factory. Manufacturing strategy decisions, design & implementation new processes for production. Introduction of new products and processes, upgradation, support for production.
To be more specific, your main responsibilities to handle in this position are:
- Ensuring to maintain the global level of safety requirements. Ensuring the process and equipment's meets the safety standards. 100% compliance for EHS standards.
- Responsible for complying Sandvik Core Values in day to day activities.
- Guide the team for achieving the organizations KPI, supporting the Stakeholders for achieving targets.
- Responsible for developing own team and motivating to deliver results
- New product development, coordination with global R & D Team.
- Manufacturing strategy decisions, finding the best way of manufacturing to reduce lead time.
- Manufacturing processes up gradation and improvements in productivity and OEE.
- Process optimizations to utilize the equipment with maximum possible extent and with best quality.
- Responsible for Production ramp-up plans, Product transfer projects, Capital budgeting and execution of the projects to meet the timelines.
- Equipment selection, process design, continuous improvements projects.
- Responsible for plant layout organization and re-lay outing possibilities for better flow.
- Responsible for on time machine commissioning
- Plant quality assurance and control planning, establishment/improvements in systems for better quality assurance
- Responsible for ISO 9000, API, OHASAS compliance specific to technology role.
- Responsible to support Suppliers and Vendors in establishing new products and meet drawing requirements
- Responsible for Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Responsible for People development
Our candidate should have hands on in manufacturing engineering processes with at least 18 years relevant experience from an Engineering organization.
A Graduate Engineer within Mechanical or Production Engineering is required. You have previously worked with strong EHS cultured organizations and you understand the importance of a diverse workforce and collaborative settings.
Other required competencies that we find necessary are:
- Machining process design / Deep knowledge of manufacturing processes on CNC machines. Should be able to Analyze Design for manufacturability and provide inputs to R & D
- In depth knowledge of CNC machining processes, heat treatment, grinding, shot peening.
- Knowledge of Mining products Bits, Hammers and rotary bits.
- Capable to estimate buy Vs make decisions to prepare manufacturing strategy decisions.
- Capacity planning & Versatile knowledge of different machines and technologies available in market.
- Good Knowledge of LEAN concept and hands on experience with leading the VSM and CI structure.
- Well Experienced in designing of control plans, SOP, PFMEA, Tooling selection, fixturing designing.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good skill in MS office.
- Leading a team to drive the results with a collaborative style
At Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions, we believe that our diversities form a strong foundation for achieving great results, and we’re equally proud of our manufacturing roots as our future vision to set the industry standard.
Deadline: 17 Apr