Product Support Specialist - Electrical and Automation
- Deadline: 25 Apr
- Country: Australia
- Location: Perth WA, Western Australia
- Job-ID: R0026294
- Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Product Support Specialist – Electrical and Automation – Canning Vale, Magnet Road.
Sandvik holds a world-leading position on the rock processing market, delivering cutting edge products and solutions to customers around the globe. To further accelerate the growth and focus on this area, we recently established the new business area Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions (SRP), consisting of the former Crushing and Screening division. A place of inclusive collaboration, agility and innovation - where we nurture an ever-growing portfolio of products and solutions based on the needs of the market, and where pioneering software technology meets the core of manufacturing.
The Product Support Specialist (Electrical & Automation) – Crushing and Screening is responsible for providing product and technical support to Sandvik Rock Processing Solution’s customer base to drive customer productivity and reliability.
Reporting to the Product and Operational Support Manager – APAC, the role will primarily focus on supporting, maintaining and developing the growth of Sandvik Rock Processing Solution’s aftermarket business across APAC, by working with customers to provide technical and product knowledge, with a specific focus on electrical and automation capabilities.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Provide specialist commissioning and product support functions to Sandvik Rock Processing customers, with a specific focus on electrical and automation
- Inform and deliver Sandvik Rock Processing Lifecycle solutions to Sandvik customers
- Handle customer enquiries, quotes and pre-sales work, with a focus on electrical and automation capabilities
- Understand customer electrical and automation needs and present solutions across create value for both the customer
- Provide hands on technical and product familiarity training, to both customers and internal Sandvik personnel
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues, and performing root-cause analysis when required
- Provide support to Sandvik Service Centers
- Monitor the status of repairs and communicate with third party suppliers and customers to ensure up to date status and delivery in line with customer expectations
- Identify and document scope of works for repairable work
- Liaise with factory to recommend improvements/feedback on product performance
- Proactively identify opportunities for customers to improve their total cost of ownership, whilst identifying business opportunities and driving results
- Remain current with industry developments, competitive offerings and issues affecting sales and customers.
In order to be successful for this role, you will display a commitment to the highest levels of safety of yourself and others.
The successful candidate will display:
- Australian recognised Electrical and/or Mechanical Trade Certificate
- Extensive product knowledge and maintenance experience with Crushing and Screening equipment
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain successful working relationships
- The ability to work successfully within a team and autonomously
- A conscientious attitude with a can-do attitude and prepared to work in a challenging environment
- Computer literacy in MS office – Word, Excel and Outlook and Salesforce CRM
- Good report writing ability
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Adhere to all policies & procedures. especially the EHS policies.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- 12% Superannuation contribution
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here.
0448 044 698
Applications close: 19- 04-2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: 25 Apr