Continuous Improvement & EH&S Engineer
Sandvik Machining Solutions is looking for a:
Continuous Improvement & EHS Engineer
GOOD WITH LOGISTICS PROCESSES?
WE VALUE THAT IN YOU!
Sandvik Machining Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global market-leading manufacturer of tools and tooling systems for advanced industrial metal cutting. Products are manufactured in cemented carbide and other hard materials such as diamond, cubic boron nitride and special ceramics.
Americas Distribution Center of Sandvik Machining Solutions is based in Hebron, KY. About 90 employees take care for the daily processing of more than 12000 order lines each day.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
As a Continuous Improvement & EHS Engineer you are dedicated to:
Provide leadership, guidance and training as needed to facilitate identified process improvements, including but not limited to advanced data gathering and analysis, problem solving and project management while also promoting continuous improvements within environmental, health and safety to develop the EHS System as a business advantage.
- Monitor the progress of planned improvements to assure timely action, appropriate management support and achievement of expected benefits.
- Maintain a macroscopic view of business, and be aware of the organization wide implications of the changes at a team level
- Coordinate between departments and functions by ensuring appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction
- Participate as an active member of the Global Transformation and Change team
- Ensure seamless transfer of ownership to the departmental manager as the improvement activity matures to sustained implementation
- Develop business presentations and reports of ongoing activities including accomplishments, participation, projected activities and anticipated needs
- Identify materials and related resources required for effective implementation of improvement activities
- Support the implementation of the SMS Logistics Distribution System to institute a Lean Six Sigma culture in the distribution center
- Identify improvement opportunities with an aim of minimizing waste and maximizing utilization of talent, technology and assets
- Responsible for creating and executing culture-appropriate evaluation tools to analyze production efficiencies and throughput
- Uses appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately document improvement activities
- Defines risk, safety, health and wellbeing, and environmental standards and requirements and establishes programs to achieve compliance and process improvement. Ensures that all risk, safety, and environmental policies and procedures are in compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations
- Develops and coordinates loss prevention program for compliance and improvement to achieve company goals.
- Coordinates and supports Management and the Safety Committee efforts in implementing specific plant safety programs and procedures across the whole organization
- Issues and maintains related documentation in the Business Management System
- Evaluates, develops, and manages efforts to address risk, safety, and environmental concerns/issues
- Ensures that Management and the Global EHS Organization receive timely and concise reports and documentation regarding all risk, safety, and environmental issues
- Ensures that Management and local and federal authorities receive timely reports as per their requirements.
- Uses appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately determine trends and document improvement activities
- Monitors effectiveness of all risk, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Provide risk, health and safety, and environmental training as required
- Directs and conducts routine and special risk, safety, and environmental compliance audits, reviews, and assessments
- Promotes the exchange of knowledge and expertise with other companies both within the group and outside at a local level
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in supply chain engineering, supply chain management, change management, logistics and/or business administration. Minimum of 2 years supply chain & project management experience.
- Knowledgeable of OSHA and EPA standards
- Knowledgeable of Federal and local (state) environmental regulations
- Proficient in use of Windows/Microsoft Office and other Microsoft applications and tools (PowerBI, Sharepoint, OneNote, Forms, Planner, etc.)
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- Systematic, logical and inventive approach to problem solving, whilst maintaining agreed deadlines
- Ability to apply lean tools and principles to support continuous improvements, including but not limited to Standardized work, Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma Methodology, Value Stream Mapping, Lean Leadership, Visual management, etc. Business finance education or acumen preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and/or write technical procedures, professional journal articles, and process manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, engineers, operators and customers. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Possesses team leadership, problem analysis and solving, technical writing and documentation skills; and actively consults with PU management and stakeholders providing expertise in prioritizing and pacing project activities and milestones to achieve organizational objectives within the budgeted costs and allowed timeframe.
- Proficiency in importing, cleaning, transforming, validating and modeling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes. Must have advanced proficiency in a data manipulation language such as SQL. A background in technology, information management, relational database design and development, business intelligence, data mining and statistics is preferred.
The role may involve domestic and international travel up to 10% and will report to the Site Manager
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested in joining our team, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply to the Continuous Improvement & EH&S Engineer position
- Check us out at www.sandvik.com
- Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a robust benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
- Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: Not set