Electrical PLC Automation Engineer
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
- Job-ID: R0016608
- Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for an
Electrical PLC Automation Engineer
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. It’s cutting edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D.
Key Performance Areas
As Electrical PLC Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for Automation Projects and Technical support to engineering and production. Must be confident and willing to work in a team-oriented environment with Engineers, Technicians, Operators and Managers. Candidate must have good organization and project management skills.
- Maintaining, evaluating, improving, and designing various PLCs, process equipment and various controllers
- Working with mechanical applications and their relationships to automation equipment
- Analyze current manufacturing systems and develop new ideas
- Coordinating the resolution of difficult technical problems by working with electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and control system teams
- Implement process improvements on existing equipment
- Develop and maintain automation project schedules while tracking costs and budgets to complete the project scope of work
- Must not be intimidated by challenges, and are able to provide unique solutions to improve process equipment data collection, safety interfaces, and implementation of a wide variety of manufacturing needs
- Work well under pressure and with multiple concurrent projects
You possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited college or university, plus a minimum of 5 years experience working with manufacturing equipment in industrial environments.
Job Technical Requirements:
At least 2 years Knowledge and experience using the following:
- Siemens Step 7 and TIA Portal Programming
- Siemens Sinamics Servo Drives and VFD’s
- Siemens Starter Software
- Allen Bradley equipment and programming
At least 5 years experience with the following:
- Industrial PLC Controllers, Industrial Electronics, strong experience working with VFDs, PLCs, Motor Starters, Automation Controls, and panel building wiring
- Performing system upgrades and installations in the manufacturing environment
- Able to troubleshoot both programming and electrical problems with manufacturing equipment. This includes working knowledge with industrial voltages ranging from 120VAC single phase to 480 VAC 3 phase, and also low voltage signal wires
- Experience working in electrical cabinets with high voltage potential
- Electrical schematics / blueprints
Experience or knowledge of the following disciplines would be beneficial:
- Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and integration of machine controls
- Working knowledge of AutoCad for electrical print modification or generation
- 3D drawing/modeling experience using Autodesk Inventor software
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers.com/ for the Electrical PLC Automation Engineer position, Job Requisition ID #R0016608.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set