Business Development Professional North America
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Mebane, North Carolina
- Job-ID: R0016849
- Job category: Business Development
Sandvik in Mebane, NC is looking for
Business Development Professional – North America
ARE YOU A SELF-STARTER, RESULTS-BASED ENTREPRENEUR LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF OPPORTUNITY?
WE VALUE THAT IN YOU!
The global mega-trends of increasing energy efficiency and the renewed push to expand humanities horizons into space is made possible by materials expertise. At Sandvik, we are in a unique position to lead in enabling this development. We are world-leaders in advanced materials technology, metal powders for Metal Injection Molding (MIM) and Additive Manufacturing (AM) and metal cutting. Our knowledge and strong heritage from manufacturing, combined with our materials and customer accessibility, makes us unique in this field.
Our Osprey™ Controlled Expansion (CE) alloys are unique materials used in the space, aerospace and energy-efficient lighting industries. They can also find in many applications, within growing segments including mechanical-optical, electronic housing, wafers and semiconductor equipment applications. To strengthen the growth and expansion of our CE Alloys organization within the Sandvik Additive Manufacturing (AM) Division, we’re now looking for a driven Business Development Professional for North America – An entrepreneur with a true passion for business, technology and unparalleled customer focus.
Key performance areas
In this key role, the Business Development Professional will be responsible for driving sustainable sales growth in the USA and leading Business Development activities with new and existing accounts that will secure new business for the CE Alloys group.
- Drive growth of CE Alloys sales to North America across all industries through close contact with customers and day-to-day coordination and support of operations.
- Proactively identify and develop new CE Alloys customers and application areas for CE Alloys products and provide visit reports for all customer visits and conferences attended.
- Draw up detailed CE Alloys sales forecasts for North America as required.
- Provide customer technical support in North America for CE Alloys.
- Develop market share profiles, competitor activity and market intelligence for key products/application sectors.
- Draw up and prioritise customer visit lists & schedules.
- Support and manage customer enquiries and contract review systems.
- Provide monthly reports on sales figures, forecasts and activities.
- Represent the company at regional & global conferences and coordinate exhibition stands etc. and give (technical) papers at relevant conferences.
- Support production of sales literature, leaflets, articles, web pages etc. to promote sales of CE Alloy products.
- Engage with relevant regional trade associations to obtain relevant import/export data.
- Contribute to the formulation of, and carry out, objectives contained within the company’s growth plans.
- Work in compliance with Sandvik’s Code of Conduct, business ethics, rules and guidelines, in addition to all statutory regulations and laws. Ensure adherence to Sandvik IT guidelines and ensure that data security, back up and other controls are established and adhered to.
You have a Business Development background and experience with technical sales, marketing strategy and position. You possess a strategic market understanding and good business acumen and judgement. Experience in international sales, working with global organizations in technical and metals markets. Thermal management experience would be particularly valuable. An established, relevant network of customers and industry contacts. Experience of using commercial best practices. You are results-based and focus on attaining targets and deliverables. You are self-motivated and a team player who plans and prioritizes. You have well-developed communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, and possess the ability to communicate effectively with people from different settings and organizational levels.
This role would ideally be in Mebane, but there is flexibility for other US locations. Frequent travel is required.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career to the Business Development Professional – North America position, Job Id # R0016849.
At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set