Freight Operations Administrator
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
WE WANT YOU TO HELP US CREATE THE DIGITAL FUTURE OF OUR COMPANY
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability, and safety. We have world – leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best solution for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best solution for you tomorrow. Our proactive career planning ensures that your performance is recognized and offers various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
We are now recruiting for a Freight Operations Admin (Paternity Cover) (S1) – for a fixed term position in our Dublin Office.
Reporting to the Control Tower Team Lead, the Freight Operations Administrator will support and assist the Control Tower Team in their day-to-day operations. The Freight Operations Administrator will be responsible for a broad range of operational, system and accounts payable tasks within the team.
- Take ownership of the Control Tower shared mailbox and respond to emails or delegate the message to the correct team member
- Communicate & correspond with carriers and agents to ensure excellent service execution
- Validate system entry’s to ensure all information is detailed for carriers
- Escalate any operational issues or process gaps to management
- Support with issue resolution in relation to carrier payments and follow up with requests for credit notes.
- Preparation of Vendor account reconciliations and resolve any differences.
- Work with, and produce, when required Monthly accruals reports in line with standard procedures.
- Work with Basware invoice approval processing as required
- Investigate and resolve rejected payments.
- Generate order templates and forecast templates to be issued to carriers
- Support the team with month end close activities
- Validate that internal controls are implemented and operational.
- Working with the general CT operations supporting CT colleagues with daily duties.
- Support the LPS ticketing and resolve tickets as assigned by management
- Working With system S21 and |TMS, providing customer updates and operational changes as required.
- Other ad hoc duties as requested by management
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.(English fluency essential)
- Ability to work using their own initiative
- Attention to detail a must
- Competent in all Microsoft office packages (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- 2+ years Accounts Payable Experience required, in a multinational environment highly desirable.
- A Certificate, level 6/7 or equivalent experience within Finance/AP or the relevant function is essential
- 1-2 years experience working in a logistics & supply chain environment
- Previous System Experience, Experience with SAP, S21 or Blue Yonder is highly desirable
What we offer:
22 days annual leave
4 Company Days
Defined Contribution Pension
VHI Health Insurance
Life & Disability Insurance
Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
Flexible start & Finish times
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: 4th Floor, Mayor Street, Dublin 1
Reporting to: Dublin Control Tower Lead
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunnelling and quarrying. In 2021, sales were approximately 41 billion SEK with about 15,500 employees within continuing operations.
A glimpse of our culture
At Sandvik, we’re tech driven, innovative and entrepreneurial! For us, success is a team effort - we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where people can be themselves and reach their full potential. So, we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our differences. We also give you the freedom to find that perfect mix between work, family life and interests. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us further.
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact HRIreland@sandvik.com. Read more about Sandvik and apply at https://www.home.sandvik/career
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilise, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
The closing date for applications is 1st July 2022
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU
Deadline: Not set