Technical Marketing Manager
Sandvik Materials Technology located in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for an
Technical Marketing Manager
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into three product areas: Tube, Primary Products, and Strip, and Heating Technology.
Key performance areas
The Technical Marketing Manager position is focused on maintaining, developing the technical marketing organization within a region to extend the technical and application knowledge on a regional and global level. The position is a link between R&D, Marketing, Sales, Supply, and technical experts at customers. The regional technical marketing manager is responsible to monitor new technologies, market trends and industry needs to prepare the company’s future materials and application developments, whilst identifying supply development needs.
Additionally, the Technical Marketing Manager will:
- Improve operational performance in the areas of safety, quality, and way of working through continuous improvements and active participation in cross functional teams.
- Live up to the requirements as a leader within Sandvik.
- Develop the technical marketing capability within a region and globally and to attract and develop talents to feed the leadership pipeline.
- Drive industry technical groups (ITGs) and application development on a global basis.
- Drive long term partnerships with key customers for the benefit of the company globally.
- Motivate colleagues to achieve short- and medium-term results for the Business Area and to think and act in a responsible way for the whole business.
- Ensure the development of global tools as application cards and application training.
- Represent the company at international events, in associations and on committees.
- Identify opportunities to develop new solutions for customers including new products.
- Ensure that standards and specifications include Sandvik products through participation in international technical organization committees.
- Qualify Sandvik as a supplier to major end users, license holders and fabricators.
- Ensure that technical papers, presentations, and seminars are made to promote and specify Sandvik products and relevant conventions and meetings.
- Attend technical conferences to gain market intelligence for use in the business planning process.
- Monitor competitor activity and to identify actions based on product assortment or route to market changes.
- Responsibility to drive and lead business in accordance with Sandvik core values, policies, and processes.
- Coach local technical marketing personnel to develop competencies and ways of working globally.
- Ensure technical marketing plans, activities and priorities aligned and integrated with regional sales and marketing plans/activities.
The ideal Technical Marketing Manager will possess a degree in Metallurgical or Materials Engineering. Extensive experience in technical sales and application engineering/development. Experience within major target industry groups. Preferred experience in tube production and standards. Proven record of successfully working in an international environment. Ability to travel internationally.
- Excellent management and people skills, communication skills in writing and verbally in English. Other languages are a plus. Analysis and problem-solving ability & self-awareness.
- Industry and application understanding within target industries such as oil & gas, refinery, chemical processing, power generation or the metals industry.
- Experienced at presentations to large audiences.
- Good networking and co-operation skills including develop relationships with stakeholders internally and externally.
- Knowledge of production standards and customer approval programs.
- Recognized contribution to the North American stainless and corrosion technical community by attending a minimum of 10 international technical conferences.
- Participation in organizations, associations and committees like MTI, NACE, API, ASME.
Have technical articles submitted and presented in international conferences.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a (k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.home.sandvik/careers and apply to the Technical Marketing Manager position, Job ID #
Sandvik Materials Technology is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Scadenza: d.C. ago
ID posizione: R0034567